ssl switch orientation.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j.hall

i recall a post about how the Lorlin switches get landed on the daughter baord, but can't seem to find it now.

point me to it if you know what i'm talking about.

otherwise.

i'm building two at the same time.

i took a closer look at each daughter board and i noticed that the landing notches are in different places on each board.

this confused me as i could swear i landed those switches exactly how the PCB layout shows.

the questions are:

1. does it matter how i land them on the PCB?
2. these switches are a "D" shaft type. if i turn the switches on the PCB will that effect where the knob is "pointing" as it steps through the settings?

i don't want to change things if all my engraving is going to be off.

any help would be awesome.

The switches can go in both ways - they're symmetric.

The layout was made for round-shaft lorlins, as the D-shaft versions come with the D in all sorts of angles to the actual switching.

So you better check the switch/D orientation matches your frontpanel

Jakob E.

1) No, it does not matter how you put them on the pcb.

2) Well, if you are planning to put "d type" knobs on them you may end up with knobs poionting in the wrong directions. I think it is also possible to put knobs on them with a round hole, the ones which need to be screwed on.

i'm using these knobs:

http://www.nteinc.com/pot_web/hd.html

pretty sure they have two set screws so it shouldn't matter much.

I am using the D-style pots. Put 'em on, then put the chicken head knobs on and realized they were pointing the wrong way. Desoldered the pots, resoldered them in the other orientation, all is well.

But due to the pin orientation, you can't solder them differently, can you? I had the same problem.

J., if you're using those Kilos, it won't matter anyway. Sweet knobs, used them on my monitor, great feel. Waiting for the Manley police to knock down my door any day now...

the switches are symmetrical

so if you flip them, you still get the same switching.....should work out fine

Back