SSL switch ques.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPrisus

Coudn't find anything about this on the SSL meta, sooooo...

I don't like rotaries for power and bypass. Personal preference, but isn't everything DIY? I'd like to use some heavy-duty toggles or EAOs in there instead. Any way of doing so without going to the trouble of building the relays a la Frank@NRG? Frank was very kind, as was Radiance, in helping me understand the whole relay procedure. But i'd love to keep things simpler if possible. any ideas?

[quote author="PRR"]> I don't like rotaries for power and bypass.

So use toggles.[/quote]

I want to! But i thought it was maybe more complicated than that, looking at the schematic and talking to a few people about it.

Got it... proof that diligent searching works wonders! If I want makeup gain bypassed as well as compression, i need a relay plus a switch. I can live with makeup, so i'll go for some nice heavy toggles.

Thanks anyway guys, and thanks for the patience as well...

RS- components is selling pushbuttons where you can ad two more switching elements for a total of three.
That gives you three times NO and three times NC.

339-358 for the pushbutton.
339-033 for the switching element.

...so i'll go for some nice heavy toggles.

If 'heavy' is like in 'mains-style' switches isn't there the issue that such switches are not the best for switching audio ?

But maybe this only really matters for smaller signals (non-line level)..., must look it up.

Latest posts

Back