Static electricity

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
abbey road d enfer said:
Kingston said:
Ask anyone with carpets if they dare to inspect the floor in close proximity - or ever. And if they do what are the first things that come in mind.

That's the dead give away.
Then what's the issue? In everyday life, only my feet are in contact with the carpet. 
Hygiene? I don't know of anybody proceeding to surgical operations on the floor, carpetted or not.
Acarians? They're everywhere, in your bed, in your clothes, on furniture...

It's clear you've made a trade off. There are more options on the clean spectrum.

JohnRoberts said:
CJ said:
move to Chicago,  ;D
or Flint?

JR

PS: Do you know how many bacteria live in and on the human body... (rhetorical).  8)
Without them, many foods wouldn't taste of much, we wouldn't be able to digest things properly or keep healthy. In fact, we wouldn't exist at all. Each and every living human cell is a symbiotic machine with a bacteria providing the power conversion.

Carpet is definitively a time period phenomenon.  I remember the carpet we had when I was a kid, early 80's in Florida. being a good inch and a half thick it sucked up every toy I dropped, at least in my memory. I will not go into detail any further.
You can get static dissipative carpet tiles, but they are expensive. get specified a lot in business environment and I used it in a TV station with good results. most (cheap) wood like laminate can  also build up static electricity.

consider wearing Dutch clogs  ;)
monitoring humidity and adjusting it in the winter time can help. consider adding a air humidifier.

cheers,

Michael

Back