Suggestion for Forum Discussion Group - Audio Measurement

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really welcome this idea.
Lately there's been a few posts that indicated that many members do not understand the intimate relationship between building and measuring.
The availability of free software used with standard soundcards offer a first step in measurement but fail miserably in terms of interfacing, both electrically (how many soundcards can deliver +20dBu and multiple impedance?) and operationally (where are the 30Hz-30kHz filters and input impedance selection?).
At one stage or another, a dedicated test instrument becomes necessary, be it a computer-based AP, a stand-alone Sound Technology or a home-built rig.
Today at home I have stand-alone "manual" instruments, which do about 90% of what I want, but sometimes I miss the AP that sat on my workbench for about 20 years. I think I'm not alone, and sharing info about affordable test instruments is also a valuable subject.

Sounds good. 8)
Well, Moderators and Thread Movers, as you come across any relevant test/measurement topics, please move them to The Chamber: http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?board=37.0

Thanks Ethan  8)

And what great support from the forum. Makes me glad to be here!

Back