Superlux S502

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the thread allow for a better quality capsule? The electronic circuit seems difficult to improve for everyone. Has a test been done with a Schoeps capsule?

Hi,

I have done with MK4 capsules. No Problem to srew it on. I have measured 1-2 dB more noise than with the original capsule. Which have had 2-3 dB difference in the higher frequencies between left and right and more high end compared to the MK4. (3-4dB).

Hi,

I have done with MK4 capsules. No Problem to srew it on. I have measured 1-2 dB more noise than with the original capsule. Which have had 2-3 dB difference in the higher frequencies between left and right and more high end compared to the MK4. (3-4dB).
Thank you!
and i have this info from B9Audio, their capsules does not it to the Superlux.

Ooh that likes promising. I hope they do an instrument mic like B9 Audio that can take Schoeps capsules (cause it's a lot more convenient to spend something like $150 on theirs than $700 on the B9 if I'm just gonna replace the capsule anyway).

Hi,

Just to clarify, you found it noisier with the Schoeps capsules?

IIRC, takstar is superlux, or at least, they were. The superlux company history used to mention that they founded and own Takstar, but the takstar website says nothing about superlux. Probably something to do with the relationship between Taiwan and the PRC. It might not be "OK" for a taiwanese company to have a huge stake in a PRC company on paper, so they separated legally. You can probably expect the same fairly high quality out of superlux you do out of takstar (if they are even different facilities)

Back