Takstar capsules are now widely available from takstar themselves

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
takstar has a ton of different subsidiaries now, this one (deshang jieyun), their capsule factory, is run by jian'e huang, who is a super nice guy. takstar has an interesting history. IIRC, they were founded as factory by superlux, but then became separate, perhaps due to tension between taiwan and the PRC. no mention of takstar being a superlux brand originally on takstar's website, but there are still tons of old expired patent records of that being the case. Maybe the chinese government bought it? or their foreign investment was aggressively downgraded...

takstar has a ton of different subsidiaries now, this one (deshang jieyun), their capsule factory, is run by jian'e huang, who is a super nice guy. takstar has an interesting history. IIRC, they were founded as factory by superlux, but then became separate, perhaps due to tension between taiwan and the PRC. no mention of takstar being a superlux brand originally on takstar's website, but there are still tons of old expired patent records of that being the case. Maybe the chinese government bought it? or their foreign investment was aggressively downgraded...
Great to hear he's a nice guy, I'll just buy takstar capsules from now on
That explains the similarity between Tak and superlux, I've been a huge fan of both of them
I still have a PCK200 and CM60 from 2016, now I have a PC K600

I would point to the latter rather than chinese goverment buying them as much as plenty of people love pointing to chinese government buying companies

The average Chinese capsule costs about $9 to make. They sell them for 13 to trading companies that sell them to you for $20 to $30. Cutting out the middleman is a great idea. $18 is not a bad price at all.
I can't find most of the capsules here from other sources anyway so it's even better that he's decided to sell directly

Hi !
I've emailed Takstar to know where to buy their capsules.
I was also interested by their SM-18 Pro which could be (?) a kind of AKG C414 style.
SM-18 Pro is named TAK55 for europe market : https://takstarmall.com/products/takstar-microphone-tak-55
Anybody tested a SM-18 Pro or TAK55 ?

Their answer to my email is attached (we don't sell capsule appart mics...) even if I believe that JLI CTS-2 is indeed a original Takstar

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2024-05-23 à 14.55.25.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2024-05-23 à 14.55.25.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 3
As far as I know Takstar does not sell capsules separately. And I also heard that Lewitt should also be from Takster (not sure).

It looks like the frequency curve of their capsules is perfect. I1.png will buy one and try to see if it is the same as their marked frequency curve.

Takstar CTS3 capsule
I am trying it on a "M103" board with a trafo and it sounds good without the high endyness of K87 capsules

Looks a lot like an edge-terminated K67. I could be wrong, but even as they are, i think generally(?) these franken-capsules, while they do have some top-end lift, it's not as sharp and obnoxious of a peak as the "usual" center-terminated K67/87's coming out of the Far East. I'll have to see when i can quickly measure some of my mics with such capsules to double-check this hunch(?) of mine.

Looks a lot like an edge-terminated K67. I could be wrong, but even as they are, i think generally(?) these franken-capsules, while they do have some top-end lift, it's not as sharp and obnoxious of a peak as the "usual" center-terminated K67/87's coming out of the Far East. I'll have to see when i can quickly measure some of my mics with such capsules to double-check this hunch(?) of mine.
Probably closer to a edge K67 it might be but end result is what matters

Top end lift is far less obnoxious than the K87 capsules I tried with a circuit without deemp so make of that what you will

Latest posts

Back