T4B for the LA-2A, JBLpro e-sale for $89.66

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R30 and C6 are part of the frequency response of the side chain amp.
We had a good discussion on this in the Drawing bOARD, la2 tIME cONATSNTS OR SOEMTHING.

OK so R30, C6 and C14 stay then.

Do I leave C13 when I remove R3 stereo adjust?
C13 is the 510pf capacitor going from pin 6 of 6AQ5 to ground.

I couldn't find the thread that you mention in the Drawing Board.

Jim

really, must you insert those huge f*cking images in your post? they locked up my browser

posting an off site link would have been much more considerate. not all of us have T1 connections and 24" monitors

[quote author="solder_city"]really, must you insert those huge f*cking images in your post? they locked up my browser

posting an off site link would have been much more considerate. not all of us have T1 connections and 24" monitors[/quote]

really must YOU come down so hard on someone whose intentions were positive? Merry Christmas, right...

Jim

[quote author="solder_city"]really, must you insert those huge f*cking images in your post? they locked up my browser

posting an off site link would have been much more considerate. not all of us have T1 connections and 24" monitors[/quote]

Hey ! Relax, have a beer or whatever...
That's NOT the way to conversate around here ...

Nice pics Jho-audio, Thank's :guinness: :thumb:

[quote author="EEMO1"]if someone in europe is going to get a bunch of these, can i chip in for one?[/quote]
There has already been a European group buy on these.
You may have to start your own

[quote author="scott_humphrey"]You may phone in your order. I did that a while ago because of the concern about the unsecure site.[/quote]

They just told me that you have to use the website to get the "tent sale" price. I really do not want to use the unsecure form though. Did anyone get them to take an order over the phone for the $88 price?

thanks,
mike p

Yes they will take it over the phone but as always only U.S. shipping address.

What I did is I called with my Credit Card number and sent an email with the shipping address etc.

Jim

My experience was the same as bluzzi's. I was totally dumbfounded to discover that a company like JBL didn't have a secure server setup for transactions.

Cheers,
--
Don

[quote author="idylldon"]My experience was the same as bluzzi's. [/quote]

Cool. I wonder why they are jerking me around. I'll call tomorrow and hopefuly someone different will answer the phone.

Ive got a friend with 4 out-of-order LA-3As. I cleaned them up and recaped them but only 1 of the T4's is functional. He is thrilled about the sale price. now im thinking about making a stereo transformerless mastering compressor for myself. it is tempting...

mike p

[quote author="mikep"][quote author="idylldon"]My experience was the same as bluzzi's. [/quote]

Cool. I wonder why they are jerking me around. I'll call tomorrow and hopefuly someone different will answer the
phone.[/quote]

From what I was told, there is only one person who deals with the tent sale stuff. I can't find my receipt, but I think her name is "Cecilia" or something like that. She's the one who told me to put in the order on the web and then call her with the credit card info.

Cheers,
--
Don

[quote author="idylldon"][quote author="mikep"][quote author="idylldon"]My experience was the same as bluzzi's. [/quote]

Cool. I wonder why they are jerking me around. I'll call tomorrow and hopefuly someone different will answer the
phone.[/quote]

From what I was told, there is only one person who deals with the tent sale stuff. I can't find my receipt, but I think her name is "Cecilia" or something like that. She's the one who told me to put in the order on the web and then call her with the credit card info.
[/quote]

I dont know if it is necesary to clarify, but I just reread my post and it is not really clear... I didnt call myself, I asked someone to do it for me :? it was my friend who actually spoke to them, tomorrow I will call myself. (This alone may help, as my friend has a thick jamaican accent!)

regards,
mike

Funny, when I tired to order over the phone, the man said that I must go through the website. Maybe you can plea and have betteer luck.

Ask for Mirsa. I don't want to post her last name on th eweb without her consent but I am sure someone will pass you to her. (How many Mirsas can there be?).

Jim

[quote author="Bluzzi"]Ask for Mirsa. I don't want to post her last name on th eweb without her consent but I am sure someone will pass you to her. (How many Mirsas can there be?).Jim[/quote]

That's the name of the person I ordered from. I remembered it was an unusual name, but I guess I didn't even have the first letter right. After five decades, I guess the ol' gray matter is bogging down.

Cheers,
--
Don

Back