TC 2290 error codes - especially 31

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveAB

Hi,
does anyone have a complete list of TC 2290 error codes?

I'm repairing one right now which has error 31 on startup. (that really is 31 - not a typo of 13)

The manual just says "20+ Unit need service"

I've not noticed anything that it's not doing correctly yet and all the voltages look OK. It also saves settings and remembers them when off overnight.
I've also tried Spec 37 to 0 to clear the memory. (restart: error 13, clear it: error 31, restart: error 31)

I'm sure it'll be something simple but finding it when everything seems to work is driving me a bit mad.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

A software reset can fix this issue in some circumstances but there are no listings for service information, that I am aware of, available to the public, as the documents are copyright.

Hi,
does anyone have a complete list of TC 2290 error codes?

I'm repairing one right now which has error 31 on startup. (that really is 31 - not a typo of 13)

The manual just says "20+ Unit need service"

I've not noticed anything that it's not doing correctly yet and all the voltages look OK. It also saves settings and remembers them when off overnight.
I've also tried Spec 37 to 0 to clear the memory. (restart: error 13, clear it: error 31, restart: error 31)

I'm sure it'll be something simple but finding it when everything seems to work is driving me a bit mad.

Thanks in advance,
Steve
error 13 All user-presets have been deleted. Factory presets restored in presets 80 to 99.
All special values are reset to factory defaults.
Error 13 is also shown after reseting the 2290 by setting spec.#37 to 0.

error 30 – 39 HW and SW errors related to the FastTrig (FATR) -option. (EPROM v.29.xx or
30.xx)

error 31 Option not installed. Opt.state.reg. bit 2 is not read correctly. If the option is
physically installed: Check IC1 pin5 (option board) = Trig capture*. This pin must be
high apart from a few mS at trig.

ijzerpro - that was it. Perfect - thank you.​

The unit doesn't have the FATR option but was running v30 software. I put v27 in and the error no longer appears. I'll create a v28 EPROM and test with that.

Are you able to post the complete error list? Or is that a bit of a cheeky question to ask?

Thanks,
Steve

Latest posts

Back