team politics talking points.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is disgusting...
There are even theories out that the abortion Dr. in Indiana is some activist and the 10yo story is conveniently made up. I mean, even if she were, who cares if the story is made up and protected by Dr/patient confidentiality, albeit pretty disgusting in itself, at least it creates dialog.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/05/business/media/conservative-radio-democrats-cheat.html
Even more disgusting, here's actual quotes, and I have provided the actual link which contains the soundbites of these people actually saying these things. The Republican party is chumming the waters for a civil war using lies. There is a chance that the left has had enough of the craziness in our country and will come out and swing the vote towards sensibility in 2022. When/if this occurs, there will be several "1/6" issues across the country. The Republican party does not do what is in the best interests of the people and they lie an cheat to hold power. North Carolina registered voters are 50% Democrat and 50% Republican and there are 5 Democrat seats in the U.S House and 8 Republican seats. The 8 seats represent significantly less people than the 5 due to gerrymandering. This is unsustainable and UNFAIR. Wanna see something really crazy, go back and watch the 2022 primary Republican debates from Arizona, aired locally on PBS. FUCKING BONKERSAUCE. Everyone needs to speak out against the lies the right-wing is currently pushing before we have another situation like before, supported by corrupt politicians. There will be more blood this time. Silence in this matter is as dangerous and complicit as attacking our governmental institutions. Who do you stand with?

KFAB-AM 1110 — Omaha
“These people are not going to sit by and just accept the big loss. They have the same poll numbers we do. What are they going to do? They're going to cheat.”

KTRH-AM 740 — Houston
“The Democrats will hold on to the House and the Senate and the gubernatorial races, where they'll be able to cheat in the 2024 election. That’s the plan.”

WZFG-AM 1110 — Fargo, N.D.
“Now they’re going to do everything they can to cheat in the election.”

KEEL-AM 710 — Shreveport, La.
“They’re going to get smoked so bad it’s going to be embarrassing, if they can’t cheat. They got to be able to cheat, and the way they got to do that is with mail-in ballots.”

KTLK-AM 1130 — Minneapolis
“So they don't think they're going to be able to cheat to win in the same respects and in the same numbers that they did last time. Because they did last time.”

WISN-AM 1130 — Milwaukee
“Half of following these Democrats around after elections is stomping out their new ways of cheating. No, you can't cheat that way — no, you can't cheat that way.”

Just as a thought experiment, what in your opinion would the founding fathers have decided about school shootings? How would they have reconciled the right to bear arms with a huge (relative to every other country in the world) number of innocent children being killed at school by gunmen, and all US school children doing active shooter drills etc? Do you think they would accept school shootings as an unpleasant consequence of the necessary right to bear arms in the USA in 2022?
I expect they would be as upset as we are

I read the argument a lot that they were clever enough to take into account future developments in weaponry etc and were intentionally broad with how they wrote these constitutional points. It's a good justification to keep things the way they are.
They incorporated the facility to amend the constitution. It is not easy and IMO it should not be easy.
But there's not much discussion (that I've seen) about what the founding fathers would have thought about the specifics of daily life for Americans in the USA today.
AFAIK they were not futurists. I can't predict where/how we will be as a culture a decade from now let alone centuries from now (only climate change proponents argue with certainty about that far in the future). Things are changing pretty fast these days not necessarily a good thing.

JR

PS: I just read a book review about a new book with the socratic method being presented as way to reduce partisan rancor in political discussion. I don't know if that would work, but we are generating more heat than light with the current approach.

Even more disgusting, here's actual quotes, and I have provided the actual link which contains the soundbites of these people actually saying these things
Not sure what that has to to with the 10yo abortion story? I see the connection though...

Anyway, here's one article, with the Indiana Dr. being quoted, that seems to be dated before the 10yo story came out...or maybe she already knew of the situation but didn't feel it was the right time to share it with the media. Which is , when digested in my mind, kinda a weird thing to want to do in such a situation. Maybe it's an APB to catch the guy, but not sure ...

Caitlin Bernard, an abortion provider and professor at Indiana University’s School of Medicine, noted that while providers may have the resources and savvy to hop across state lines to practice, many low-income patients do not.

“For a lot of people in Indiana, if I tell them to go out of state, I might as well tell them to go to the moon,” she said. “They have to pay for the care at the clinic, the time away from their children, the time away from their jobs. Gas prices are also increasing.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/...ma-move-stay-or-straddle-state-lines-00040660
But, it does seem Snopes is on the story....

As of this writing, Bernard had not returned our request for an interview, and we had not been able to independently corroborate the abortion claim. If we receive additional information, will update this post.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2022/07/05/abortion-10-year-old-rape-victim-ohio/

What would they think of the conflation of the arms Business with the constitutional protection?

There is no simple solution, but more and more guns is not helpful. If you are a gun person, you’ve likely got your guns. Do you need more? Why?

How is our right to bear arms going to hold-up to protect us against the big bad government with their arms? The whole notion and apparent original reason for that arms right by our founding fathers has long been obliterated. Can someone please explain that team politics talking point? Or am I correct that the whole thing is moot and there’s absolutely nothing to be done about it, but everyone always has something to say about everything?

Last edited:
I just saw a red flag candidate about 50 yards from my house standing out in the road (old interstate 80) yelling at passing traffic. At first I thought she was just arguing on a phone call with somebody but after several minutes it was apparent that she was arguing with the strangers driving by. I last saw her yelling at somebody over in the nearby stop and puke (gas and incidentals) store as she walked over toward them.

She was not armed but it appears that she should not be.

===

Richmond police apparently broke up a another planned 4th of July shooting. Two men were arrested, and two assault rifles, a handgun and several hundred rounds of ammunition were seized in a South Richmond residence, authorities said. The two men were not US citizens (from Guatemala). The police were tipped off by a phone call from a concerned observer.

We got lucky with this one.

JR

Richmond police apparently broke up a another planned 4th of July shooting. Two men were arrested, and two assault rifles, a handgun and several hundred rounds of ammunition were seized in a South Richmond residence, authorities said. The two men were not US citizens (from Guatemala). The police were tipped off by a phone call from a concerned observer.

We got lucky with this one.

JR
I don't care where they were from. An anecdotal example does not negate all the citizens we have that shoot citizens. That number is much higher, high enough that your point indicates an us vs. them point that you're trying to make. Bullets and guns are heavy. I know. I own them. I highly doubt they carried them across the southern border through the heat where you want a wall. I want to know where the guns came from, but you don't want to have THAT discussion.

Edit: that's the Highland park shooter, if you didn't know. We didn't get lucky with the LEGAL purchase of that one.

Edit 2: ...that his MAGA father sponsored the purchase of after threats of death towards the family and previous suicide attempts prior to our joyous holiday. USA!🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲👎👎

Attachments

• FW2-LONXgAAyoVt.jpeg
    FW2-LONXgAAyoVt.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/monmouthpoll_US_070722/
2022June_SystemSound-768x368.png

I wonder if you could impress those negative opinions upon the surge of illegal immigrants crushing our southern border because they expect a better life here.

JR
I wonder how all these illegal immigrants (no one is as illegal as the caucausian immigrants who committed the LARGEST GENOCIDE IN RECORDED HISTORY) keep finding employment in a country that requires EMPLOYERS to personally view and transfer information from identification cards to prove citizenship, or permission to work DIRECTLY to the second page of the I-9 form prior to working. I know where the problem is...

If you were truly trying to be positive, you wouldn't have felt the need to put a "dig" about "other people" in your comment. Nice try.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I was just sharing a related new story with a positive outcome for a change...

Sorry if that upsets you.

JR
No, what upsets me is that I will be going to the venue, adjacent to the site of the shooting, to tear out all the production equipment for the cancelled show that would have potentially had 20,000 people in attendance. I would think the loss of income to the surrounding area would at least make a conservative think twice about the state of our country, since they truly don't care about anything else except being awful to people that aren't like them.

I never have understood how the foreign interventionist and noted warhawk who famously sang "bomb homb bomb, bomb bomb Iran" and chose Sarah Palin as his running mate in 2008 became such a champion for the neo left. How quickly we forget.
You see only what you choose here. This is not what the text is about.

I don't care where they were from. An anecdotal example does not negate all the citizens we have that shoot citizens. That number is much higher, high enough that your point indicates an us vs. them point that you're trying to make. Bullets and guns are heavy. I know. I own them. I highly doubt they carried them across the southern border through the heat where you want a wall. I want to know where the guns came from, but you don't want to have THAT discussion.

Edit: that's the Highland park shooter, if you didn't know. We didn't get lucky with the LEGAL purchase of that one.
Illinois has all the tough laws you want, yet they didn't stop this killer. You might ask why we bother to have background checks if authorities are going to continue to fail to provide relevant data on problematic behavior so that it appears in the actual check. This guy was an adult when he attempted suicide and when he later threatened to kill others. Both incidents involved law enforcement yet nothing appeared on his background check for his FOID or for his firearm purchases. Shouldn't they have?
Edit 2: ...that his MAGA father sponsored the purchase of after threats of death towards the family and previous suicide attempts prior to our joyous holiday. USA!🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲👎👎
His father ran as a Democrat in the Mayoral race, didn't he? He should be held accountable as well. How clueless can you be to co-sign for an FOID after what the son did in 2019?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back