The Beatles: Get Back - A Sneak Peek from Peter Jackson

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched part 1 and 2 yesterday and was:

1. Amazed at the restoration of ancient 16mm color film.

2. Charmed by seeing the Fab Four at work (even they realized they were being filmed, and often playing to the camera).

3. Impressed by the audio quality, which apparently was a combination of live capture onto a Nagra along with elements from the session tapes.

4. Loved the shots of Harrison's 8 track 3M machine rolling shiny-back EMI 1" tape...AND the two REDD consoles they lashed up in the basement of Apple HQ.

5. And the music....often made me a bit weepy-eyed because I am a huge Beatles fan. Interesting to me was how much Macca was in charge, but in a very graceful manner.

Anyway, Part 3 is on my schedule tonight or tomorrow.

Bri

Stunning experience overall. PTSD bits for anyone who’s ever been in a band or worked in a studio. In most ways they are just like every other band. Holy crap the sound they made together so quickly under pressure.

Just to be sure, the Beatles documentary is part of the regular monthly subscription of Disney+ in Germany? No country code restrictions or additional pay per view costs?

Does anyone know?

Yeah, my God. I'm really impressed. Doug is right concerning the PTSD comment.

It's so amazing to watch a song being written, worked on then captured and that's what we all know. I had no idea that many rooftop performances are on the album.

I found myself laughing super hard at John's (and all of their) humor. I mean we all know they're funny. It's just great to see SO much dicking around like I know I've done in bands. How about singing thought the teeth? Hah hah hah. I'm cracking up just thinking about that bit.

Ringo. The first drummer in history to never miss a beat in his whole life. Even though he's falling asleep a lot.

Poor Mal. My family now has an ongoing joke calling each other Mal.

Seeing Billy Preston in the studio too was so killer. Immediately takes them up a notch, and we end up thinking, why hasn't he always been in the band?

How 'bout when Glyn Johns reaches over the piano to give Paul the between verse riff in Let it Be. Wha?

A lot of this stuff is just beautiful confirmation of things we already know, but a ton more of it.

It's so fun to see stuff like kids crawling around the studio DURING a take(dangerous for mics!) , Mal pouring George a drink DURING what turns out to be the working take of something we all know. Pretty chaotic environment to have created something in the time they did.

Back