GssL 20th Anniversary edition

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to work on a simple front panel, so just for reference, is 15mm the knob diamater you usually use?

Gustav

The new board layout looks great. This is really exciting. Is the power transformer (toroid) located on the PCB now? Up in the right hand corner?

Boards are ordered/BOM is ordered from Reichelt to check (I have the THAT stuff laying around, but that BOM is short enough, that we can count it as verified).

Still need to sort a few BOM issues (I am looking at switched pots, and see they have some from Banzai to free up some space on the front, colour trim/blend etc)
Still no work done on the front panel layout.

Five boards still available from this test/prototype run - additional builders is always a great help to gain some more feedback.

Last edited:
Rev 2 schematic and board layout errata

R10-11-14-15, change 100R to 22K

Orientation of molex gain connector reversed (easy to reverse on pot)

Misread VCA stage as inverting overall, with following errata as a consequence

Corrected reversed input phase and bypass (for rev 1 board builders, simply cross jump the 22K for 5534 or 100R for 1206

On IC 8 and 9
  • cut connection between pin 1 and 2, put 10K resistor between those pins.
  • Cut trace going to pin 3
  • Connect pin 3 to pin 5 (Can use a resistor terminal leg).
  • Connect the trace previously going to pin 3 to pin 2 with 10K resistor in series.

Circuit verified and working except for colour add-on (Dont have a module to test it with). This is pretty trivial thing compared to the rest.

Gustav

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back