The Braunbuch - it´s here!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thorsten72

Look here,

http://www.irt.de/IRT/publikationen/braunbuch.htm

All in german but should be easy to get familiar with it. Maybe Kubarth has already a lot of this stuff. I think an interesting find.

Have a nice weekend...

Thorsten

Thank You Thorsten. I have a J55 stereo light meter in my Neumann MT66 console. This is the first information I have on it. I assume it's a PPM meter because it behaves that way. I have come up with a calibration that seems reasonably accurate. I don't think it's how they were meant to be set though.
You set a three position switch to set the minimum position and the maximum position of the light beam. then there is the in use position. There is a -20dB momentary action switch. The only way I could get it to read accurately was to keep the switch In. I calibrated by feeding a sine tone in and making sure the scale lined up with the VU meter in a number of places. I'm still not sure whether I should offset the light meter by 6dB. It looks better when I don't. Sure looks cool though.

Attachments

• V72_EUE.pdf
    773.6 KB · Views: 5
Sorry, I assumed this was the brewery and this was someone asking for a historical document (not Nazi propaganda, actually the opposite). I wasn't aware that there is an audio "Braunbuch". Anyone looking for stuff should take a few seconds and describe what they are actually looking for, I think.

Anyway, I'll delete my OT posts.

So John maybe you can explain ,
It doesnt really make much sense to try and ban comments or replys in this thread ,
If someone opens an enquirey in the technical section , yet were not allowed to point them in the right direction or make suggestions relating to other content on Gdiy , only post documents
In this case Jennsemann recently posted a link to a large file of Darius Kubarths 'Braunbuch'
its too big to post on this forum ,

I saw a reference to the Nazi Braunbuch in the thread ,but to accuse people of posting links to Nazi propaganda is utterly preposterous .
In any case its just as well any confusion between the two braunbuchs was pointed out in my opinion .
A quick look reveals several other Braunbuchs , dealing with various subjects mainly historical , but not specifically Nazi propaganda either .

I’m looking at what remains, and want to clarify that I didn’t link anything to do with the Nazis, that was another member. I did explain that it shared a title, and why. The post I was mainly wondering about, number 4 in the thread, is now restored.

There is more Braunbuch material out there than what seems to be at the Wayback link, hopefully there are some ways of it coming out of the woodwork eventually and ending up over here.

sex, religion and politics elsewhere please folks. also my german is very limited and i beleaved this was an american/english forum.

once a thread becomes a slanging match could it just be relegated into a designated part of the forum ie ( flame wars, near the nuckle, too much anger etc.)

No,
we dont need more closed threads , ultimately that solves nothing .
its a blunt instrument that punishes all for the sake of one .

Again I ask why,
you deleted my thread , only to repost my comments in bits and pieces again , :rolleyes:

Dont worry , this message will self destruct after a short time .

Let’s talk about the books in the Book sticky thread and leave this thread free of editorial information.

I think there are IP considerations in not talking documents generally in this thread?

I deleted my posts on learning about the books and will delete this and the rest of my non relevant posts from Tech Docs forum.

also my german is very limited and i beleaved this was an american/english forum.
Not only your knowledge of German is limited, also your knowledge of what Groupdiy is all about is very limited.

You have no idea on whose shoulders we stand here, definitely not only Anglo-Saxon, there are more than that. France, Spain, Portugal, Japan and well over 100 other countries besides Germany. Yes, we speak (a kind of) English here, but the forum is more than that. We are international, we are not MAGA here nor Rule Britania, we exchange our thoughts about common topics that interest us. Nothing less, nothing more.

I remember when I welcomed you here about three months ago, I think you are still a bit too green behind your ears to explain us what Groupdiy is.

Does this belong in the documentation section? Of course not, that can be deleted with pleasure, after the other nonsense was also deleted here.

PS: the (real) brown book, is called brown book, because it was bound in brown leather.

PS: the (real) brown book, is called brown book, because it was bound in brown leather.

What is displayed there is just a scrap of the info that was once available, the entire Braunbuch (there is also the pre and post war version), was over 14 volumes with 200 plus pages for each book...

Just as a historical reminder, "Braunbuch" what means "Brownbook" was called that way with refference to the politcal color of choice durring that time, that was not a choice in the first place, after WWII the name was not changed like so many other things and thoughts. The east german broadcast network changed the name as the color of the book to blue...

Oliver Archut

Latest posts

Back