The 'Forgot Password Function Has Been Applied to Your Account' Email?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thermionic

Hi,

Luckily, the cookie appears to still be on my phone, so I can type this. But I just got an email claiming the above??? It appears to be from GroupDiy... Doubt it's a phishing email, but have not clicked... Has someone has tried to log in under my name? I haven't had to log in for days... How should I proceed here? TIA.

Thanks. I viewed the source.

The IP that GDIY claims to be mine isn't that of my phone or home PC.

The source says: mail(dot)groupdiy(dot)com -and- admin(at)groupdiy.com

The message looks pretty genuine. I'm thinking someone / bot tried to access my account, possibly to spam (what other benefit would accessing my account have? I guess if it got my password it could try other places I go to...).

It was sent to my primary email, which I use for this site. I haven't reset my password yet.

I deleted some spam last night that looked like the spammer hijacked an old user profile. Perhaps a new exploit to trick users?  If something looks funny maybe it is.

JR
[edit- Last week a woman from West Africa wanted to deposit $2.5M into my bank account... said I could keep 20% for my trouble. :) ...  What could possibly go wrong?  I'm rich....  ::)

JohnRoberts said:
[edit- Last week a woman from West Africa wanted to deposit $2.5M into my bank account... said I could keep 20% for my trouble. :) ...  What could possibly go wrong?  I'm rich....  ::)
You've been cheated; standard cut is 30% and amount no less than 20M. I'm richer than you... 8)

abbey road d enfer said:
JohnRoberts said:
You've been cheated; standard cut is 30% and amount no less than 20M. I'm richer than you... 8)
But 30% of $20M is not realistic....Who would believe that?  ;D ;D ;D

JR

JohnRoberts said:
abbey road d enfer said:
JohnRoberts said:
But 30% of $20M is not realistic....Who would believe that?  ;D ;D ;D

JR
Well, they promised, didn't they?  :eek:

Back