The microphone capsule photo and information thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MBHO KA200 capsule older body

Attachments

• 20240805_152442.jpg
    20240805_152442.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240805_152504.jpg
    20240805_152504.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240805_152419.jpg
    20240805_152419.jpg
    784.7 KB · Views: 0
That is not a Heiserman. The Heiserman looks like this and has split backplates.
Makes sense. I know that they used some Heiserman capsules super early on- around the time that Dany’s pcbs were being used- but perhaps only in the early SA87.

I’m gonna edit that post to avoid any confusion.

That capsule was actually made for Oliver Archut that he used in the very, very first Blackspade mics. I can't imagine it operates within spec.
It just tested it in cardioid (other side only) and it sounds maybe a little darker than I remember it sounding 12 years ago. Is that something you would expect to happen after 12 years?

It is hard to imagine what could have changed but those capsules were unique. I believe that capsule is older than 12 years. BSA started in 2010 and those were from the first 6 months or so. You can send it to me to check but I don't really have any time before new year.

there on the face of the back plate it seems he used a needle to let the air come out of the holes ? it sure does look psychedelic to me tough
Best,
Dan,
i think they do that so they can use 2 normal k67 plates and avoid having a separate part? they put the sticker over the back and then poke only the holes they need to make it function as a cardioid only capsule

i think they do that so they can use 2 normal k67 plates and avoid having a separate part? they put the sticker over the back and then poke only the holes they need to make it function as a cardioid only capsule
It's an Ali Express 20€ capsule. I only installed it once in a Schoeps circuit but from memory it did not offer an interesting sound. I will try it again one of these days...

Exactely that indeed, just like a poor man K103 Capsule :p.
Man I love this thread 😀.
Best,
Dan,

Attachments

• K103.jpg
    K103.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back