The new Doctor...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to love Dr Who as a child, I remember hiding behind the sofa when the Cybermen and Ice Warriors where on !!

( well, I was only 6 ! )

Quatermass was also bloody scary !

MM.

zebra50 said:
Malcolm Tucker is Doctor Who!

Apparently they wanted him last time but he had other commitments. He said the last time he played The Doctor was in the playground aged nine.

Cheers

Ian

I think it's a fantastic casting decision. The Guardian also couldn't resist doing a spoof...

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/shortcuts/2013/aug/05/new-doctor-who-malcolm-tucker-peter-capaldi

:)

I remember it was briefly rumoured that Bill Nighy would replace Chris Eccleston. He's the only other actor I can think of that I would love to see do it. :)

MagnetoSound said:
I remember it was briefly rumoured that Bill Nighy would replace Chris Eccleston. He's the only other actor I can think of that I would love to see do it. :)

I think Eddie Izzard would make a great Doctor.

Cheers

Ian

Richard E Grant would also be pretty awesome, I reckon. Probably the best since Tom Baker.

although I should add that I haven't been able to watch the new format...I much preferred the old version where props were made from sink plungers and colanders; and the soundtrack came courtesy of the Radiophonic Workshop's bank of 2600s....

I have been a fan since episode one - I was 12 at the time. It was a really ground breaking concept at the time. Terry Nation had an incredible imagination. I also liked Blake's 7, which Terry also conceived. It also inherited the floppy set and costumes made out of curtains tradition.

Cheers

Ian

+1 for Dr Who until the end of Tom Baker  and all the Blake's 7

I still watch them when I'm soldering    ;D ;D

I seem to get thru a whole lot more work when these are playing on the bench

The modern stuff doesn't really appeal much - the early ones have an aesthetic that makes me happy.
Reminds me of a day before cost effective virtual reality.

This was budget real reality!

And Quatermass was indeed a big fav too!

That film with the alien locusts from hell invading the London underground was top ten stuff :)

Delia Derbyshire's original theme tune still sounds the most futuristic and otherworldly by far. The various 'remixes' that have been implemented over the years every few series have been a backwards step. They should bring back the original for the new series - along with the sink plungers  ;D

There's currently a thread in Studio A entitled 'My first Master' ...

Naturally, I had to restrain myself from this inappropriate response  8)

TheMaster2b.jpg

MagnetoSound said:
There's currently a thread in Studio A entitled 'My first Master' ...

Naturally, I had to restrain myself from this inappropriate response  8)

TheMaster2b.jpg
An earlier Avatar of mine...

Delgado was a gentleman of the highest order.

Latest posts

Back