The Vaccine

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JAMA article about natural immunity censored by LinkedIn. Really?
From that same article:
Although evidence of natural immunity in unvaccinated healthy US adults up to 20 months after confirmed COVID-19 infection is encouraging, it is unclear how these antibody levels correlate with protection against future SARS-CoV-2 infections, particularly with emerging variants. The public health implications and long-term understanding of these findings merit further consideration.

From that same article:
Although evidence of natural immunity in unvaccinated healthy US adults up to 20 months after confirmed COVID-19 infection is encouraging, it is unclear how these antibody levels correlate with protection against future SARS-CoV-2 infections, particularly with emerging variants. The public health implications and long-term understanding of these findings merit further consideration.
"let's ignore the public health implications/considerations of what we've done to society for what has been in effect a less than deadly event than seasonal flu for children but keep studying thing we have ample data going on 3 calendar years"

news flash, no variant killed everybody to date (as was projected/sold wolf-ticket'd)

Complete bullshit - lets see the source.
walk your butt down the sidewalk and observe all the living not dead people, been doing this shit since April of 2020 when i noticed all the notDying protesters (particularly those out of UW Med Seattle..)

What do you think is happening? Something that we need to hide in fear and inject endless non-Terminating boosters (that aren't even designed at the variants they targeted? that's intersting) oh but now Pfizer is targeting the variant... the same group that targeted alpha and brought you delta...

still not dead and 50% of those that did die in my county this week *with COVID were (checks notes) vaccinated, down 50% from the 100% that died from it over the weekend that were (checks notes) vaccinated. wake up buddy 🤠

From that same article:
Sure. Let's keep an eye on that. It isn't a justification for mandated "vaccination." Where is the evidence that natural immunity is less effective than these experimental shots against emerging variants? The implications are that lock downs, cloth masks, and other wildly over-reaching and authoritarian responses were not effective, not warranted, and, in fact, very damaging to society as a whole. Almost certainly more damaging than the virus itself.

Where is the evidence that natural immunity is less effective than these experimental shots against emerging variants?
There is no hard evidence I'm aware of. However, the risks associated with natural immunity are much greater than the risks of vaccination, notwithstanding that the risks of omicron are less than those of the prior variants, at least mortality-wise, The morbidity risks (long covid and other sequelae) are still not clear.
The implications are that lock downs, cloth masks, and other wildly over-reaching and authoritarian responses were not effective, not warranted, and, in fact, very damaging to society as a whole. Almost certainly more damaging than the virus itself.
I think that the damages to society associated with an unchecked viral pandemic, without the mitigation measures and vaccination, would have been significantly higher than the damages inflicted by those measures, but that's just my opinion. But I'm glad we didn't have to find out.

Where is the evidence for no long term risk from the Covid shots? Right. There isn't any. As a person in the higher risk group (age) with no real skin in the game re:losses due to lock downs, it seems you've made a very self-centered evaluation. Others have been hurt by this fear-based approach. I would hope that in hindsight you might see that.

You're saying that it was projected that a variant would kill everybody. Who ever said that? If you can't document that projection, then it is your imaginary bullshit.
hilarious gaslight bro, so you're not scared of variants now or you are scared of variants or you're gonna fence ride until when? what is scope of your/any mitigation? it was 2 weeks to flatten the curve during uncertainty are you as uncertain today as March 2020?

Where is the evidence for no long term risk from the Covid shots? Right. There isn't any. As a person in the higher risk group (age) with no real skin in the game re:losses due to lock downs, it seems you've made a very self-centered evaluation. Others have been hurt by this fear-based approach. I would hope that in hindsight you might see that.
deaths as result of drug overdose are at all time highs "nobody look let's keep studying the thing not killing everyone like we were afraid when we complied into lockdowns and masks"

There is no hard evidence I'm aware of. However, the risks associated with natural immunity are much greater than the risks of vaccination, notwithstanding that the risks of omicron are less than those of the prior variants, at least mortality-wise, The morbidity risks (long covid and other sequelae) are still not clear.
there have been pretty hyperbolic claims made, that I will not repeat for obvious reasons.
I think that the damages to society associated with an unchecked viral pandemic, without the mitigation measures and vaccination, would have been significantly higher than the damages inflicted by those measures, but that's just my opinion. But I'm glad we didn't have to find out.
Dr. "I am science" Fauci, recently stated that lockdowns saved millions of lives. Alternately there was a recent study by John's Hopkins published that reports lock downs reduced covid deaths by 0.2% in US. I guess we could say that opinions vary on that subject.

highlights said:
KEY STATS FROM STUDY:

• The lockdowns reduced COVID-19 deaths by about 0.2% in the United States and Europe.
  • Closing non-essential businesses reducing COVID-19 mortality by 10.6%, like related to bars.
  • Lockdowns limited public’s access to outdoor recreational activities, forcing them to eat at less safe indoor locations.
  • Evidence shows limiting gatherings was counterproductive and increased COVID-19 mortality.

I am fully jabbed up and wore my spit mask to the post office and walmart today, I didn't mask up to pump gas into my car. It's all a judgement call.

I suck at making political predictions but I predict POTUS will declare victory over Covid at his state of the union speech coming up in a few weeks. He may be tentative because of his infamous 2021 4th of July weekend prediction that his administration had the upper hand over covid. If he takes too long he will miss the parade as states are already reducing restrictions.

JR

deaths as result of drug overdose are at all time highs "nobody look let's keep studying the thing not killing everyone like we were afraid when we complied into lockdowns and masks"
I disagree with characterizing these as drug overdoses, it is fentanyl poisoning, plain and simple. Street drugs are being liberally laced with fentanyl. Fentanyl (from China/Mexico) is coming across our open southern border in such high volume that it is cheap and widely available to children drug dealers. Kids are dying in school (13 YO 7th Grader in Hartford CT.).

We need to stock up the school nurses with naloxone (opioid overdose antidote), maybe down to kindergarten.

Not to change the subject but this is another argument for home schooling and closing our southern border. Oh and BTW F' China who is killing our kids.

JR

I disagree with characterizing these as drug overdoses, it is fentanyl poisoning, plain and simple. Street drugs are being liberally laced with fentanyl. Fentanyl (from China/Mexico) is coming across our open southern border in such high volume that it is cheap and widely available to children drug dealers. Kids are dying in school (13 YO 7th Grader in Hartford CT.).

We need to stock up the school nurses with naloxone (opioid overdose antidote), maybe down to kindergarten.

Not to change the subject but this is another argument for home schooling and closing our southern border. Oh and BTW F' China who is killing our kids.

JR
Fair point about poison'd/tainted drugs. Doesn't make the magnitude of number of these inadvertent deaths by drug poisoning any lower.
More people dying from using tainted drugs isn't a good trend of "society is working" while we spend billions on vaccines that are less than perfect. we loan'd out a lot of fake money and everyone chased real things while not making things (shut down) and now we're talking about inflation into election season.

Hope seems to offer no way out as even though radio is reporting vaccinated are dying *with COVID the governments are still trying to scam with at home tests (why?) When has any test saved someone from COVID? Why have we wasted vast amounts of resources allocating towards not-solutions when we could have built some beds or handed out medical degrees to ambitious students 2 years ago to assist on the "front lines" ...fiat theater.

Fentanyl poisoning is the leading cause of death in 18-45 year olds.

My "suspicion" is that the political leadership is ignoring*** this because it points right back at the open border.

JR

*** The administration's "safe smoking" kit seems little and late. As one libertarian comedian noted, "I never heard of a drug addict injecting drugs because they couldn't find a crack pipe".

Where is the evidence for no long term risk from the Covid shots? Right. There isn't any.
Right. And there is no evidence for long term risks. To my knowledge, there has never been any vaccine related risk for any vaccine that hasn't become evident in the first few months after vaccination. Talk about a fear-based approach.

https://www.chop.edu/news/long-term-side-effects-covid-19-vaccine
As a person in the higher risk group (age) with no real skin in the game re:losses due to lock downs, it seems you've made a very self-centered evaluation. Others have been hurt by this fear-based approach. I would hope that in hindsight you might see that.
Certainly people have been hurt by the "fear-based approach" to this pandemic, but not nearly as many as would have been hurt without it, IMHO of course. In the US, the federal and state governments implemented many programs to try to ameliorate the effect on individuals and businesses. One of my kids lost her job due to the mitigation measures for the pandemic. She was able to find a low paying part time job, and with the usual state unemployment amount and the $600/week federal benefit, was able to easily survive financially. She has subsequently got her old job back as restrictions eased.

https://www.usa.gov/coronavirus
But you're right that I've made very self centered evaluations and decisions regarding the pandemic, especially since it has become evident that a huge proportion of the US population doesn't care about anybody else or anything except their own situation. The government is trying to do the best it can to protect the health and economic viability of the country, but it is usually between a rock and a hard place.

So as far as I'm concerned, it's every man for himself to make the best decisions for themselves and the people they care about, and que sera, sera.

"the US population doesn't care about anybody else or anything except their own situation"
do you really believe this? is this what "shut it down for 2 weeks to flatten the curve without much rebuttal 2020" was all about?
i shut down businesses for 3 months, didn't take PPP or unemployment i sat and waited and watched

"it's every man for himself to make the best decisions for themselves and the people they care about, and que sera, sera."
it's happening, always should have been this way (i got suckered into yelling at people for being out and not masked early too out of fear)
self responsibility with some compassion and ability to remain "nimble" upon data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back