Thru Zero Flanging

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenGiles

There is a great thread on this subject over at Arons Stompbox site, with some very knowledgeable folks contributing here:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/sboxindex.php?topic=25168

Put your compressors down and have a read!
Stephen

Analogue flanging techniques definitely interest me. I think the reason no-one's taken the plunge yet on this discussion is because there is a lot of info to digest in the other thread.

I've got the Eventide Phaser on the "to do" list, along with many other projects. Keep up the good work Stephen :thumb:

May I ask, what analogue effects have you built in the past Stephen? As I said a while back, the holy grail for me would be a schem for the AMS analogue phaser, but I'm not holding my breath alas.

Cheers,
Justin

thermionic - the main builds are Drawmer LX20 compressor, DL251 Spectral Compressor and DF320 Noise Filter (2), Aphex Aural Exciter B, Yamaha E1010 analogue echo, Electoharmonix Guitar Synth - no longer working, Electroharmonix Microsynth, various Filters, 2 x ADA Flanger, AMS 100 Flanger, Craig Anderton Hyperflanger, WEM Hyperflanger, Time Machine Compressor/Gate. I've also built various guitar effects, but my all time favourite I suppose is the Rat distortion in the stompbox area - just one LM308 and a few resistors & caps. Ah - mustn't mention distortion here!
Stephen

The RAT: If you want ugly, don't do it by halfs! :green:
If it's good enough for Graham Coxon, it's good enough for me!

chef

p.s. Stephen: FLIPPIN' 'ECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woah there leslie... :grin:
that's alot of stuff!

[quote author="thermionic"]Analogue flanging techniques definitely interest me. I think the reason no-one's taken the plunge yet on this discussion is because there is a lot of info to digest in the other thread.

I've got the Eventide Phaser on the "to do" list, along with many other projects. Keep up the good work Stephen :thumb:

May I ask, what analogue effects have you built in the past Stephen? As I said a while back, the holy grail for me would be a schem for the AMS analogue phaser, but I'm not holding my breath alas.

Cheers,
Justin[/quote]

I've built a Flanger much inspired by Eventide (see the "Storm Tide Flanger" on my homepage.) Not thru zero, but apart from this all I could wish for in a Flanger. Some goodies in this Eventide box which you would not expect (like additional all pass - aka phasing - stages). I'd be curious what's inside the Eventide _Phaser_ ! I've seen pictures on modezero.com, but I think I don't have the schemos.

And: What's so special about the AMS phaser?
(I know _every_ phaser is special in some way - so what's the particular
speciality of the AMS ?)

JH.

Latest posts

Back