• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Tim Campbell CT12 Capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know there's a lot of others out there but I'm looking for CT12s, new, used, etc. in any quantity available. I know Tim is a busy guy and they're in demand but asking here anyway. If you've got one or many I'll buy them.

Without going far down the NOS path, I've been starting to build no compromises C12s and soon 251s. I started with a pair for my studio, but now have several in the pipeline to build for friends who are musicians or their own studios. Right now it's Flea kits, repurposed Telefunken PSUs, but I just locally sourced PSU transformers and am meeting up with my good friend who's a machinist to see if we can start designing a body to support a tube socket and turret board for builds.

Point being, would love to get Tim's capsules in there.

+1 for the Flea mechanics - by far the most convincing hardware out there in this genre.

As for the capsules, they're quite hard to find in the wild unless someone sells it off in spite or to prove a point.

IMO - and yes, I told the manufacturer many times - the scarcity is because of a horribly-wrong pricing policy for an extremely good-sounding and hard to manufacture product.

/Jakob E.

Latest posts

Back