Trident a range pre

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
small_pcb.jpg

Finally had time to print my ultra-small PCB.

dmp said:
The sample arrived today of an A-Range design I've been working on... going to build it up and try it out!
It has the mic and line amps with switchable full EQ. I included a phantom and pad switch on the left for the mic input. I used grayhill switches for reliability and ease of assembly and included components to use all 6 positions available on the grayhill in the EQ if desired (going from 4 freq to 6 freq per band). The EQ faders have dual footprints for using different pots. The EQ has high and low pass, low, mid, mid high, and high, just like the original. An output fader is last on the far right. All in 1U enclosure. No 500 series for this one!

Realy want to see the final product from this board...looks stuning.

Just got a complete set of Revox A77 PCBs off ebay... I figure cheap way to get two more A Range pres :) needs a line amp though, I think I'm gonna try putting the Helios line amp after.... OH this should be fun....  ::)

Hello all,

Trident is and has been alive and well since 2006, after we took the company over. If you want the "real" Trident, then this is what you want. I am sure many have good intentions trying to profit off of our name by putting together what they think are Trident products, but they are not. There is only one Trident... We even have the same EE designer from Trident who is on this Forum. He has been with us since the beginning.

Visit our website. The new A-Range 500 MicPre that you see in the photos will be shipping before the end of the year.The A-Range 500 Series EQ is in stock, as is all the 80B EQ's and MicPres for the 500 Series. If you want authentic Trident designs and products, have a look on our page.

https://tridentaudiodevelopments.com/
Alan Hyatt
Trident Audio Developments

20230901_143809.jpeg20230901_144518.jpega-range_no_bg-1100-275.pnga-range-MG_0530-400-1-600x600.jpgARANGE-500-400-1-600x600.jpgIMAG0110.jpg

Attachments

• a-range_no_bg-1100-275.png
    a-range_no_bg-1100-275.png
    365.1 KB · Views: 0
Wow, Alan! I have owned an 80b and a series 65 through the years. I love the Trident sound. Looking now. Thank you!

Hello all,

Trident is and has been alive and well since 2006, after we took the company over. If you want the "real" Trident, then this is what you want. I am sure many have good intentions trying to profit off of our name by putting together what they think are Trident products, but they are not. There is only one Trident... We even have the same EE designer from Trident who is on this Forum. He has been with us since the beginning.
Yes, but this is a DIY forum.

Cheers

Ian

Alan, is that Cinemag in the 500 series pre an output transformer? The Trident 1038 and 2038 channel strips didn't have output transformers, so I'm not sure it is a "real "Trident"" either lol (if we're splitting hairs)

Back