Trident CB9054 B-Range Limiter - Schematics?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hairball Audio 8045 meter will fit the same cutout as the original meters though you may need to widen the screw holes by just a hair. it also has an internal germanium bridge rectifier, so you can jumper that on the pcbs
I'll see if the hairball lads can send me over the drawing for the meter - I'll get these into SW.

Would you like them front mounted, or just the circular bezel through the front panel ?

The hairball datasheets are right there on their website you just have to click the documents tab. Screw spacing for that meter is 33.5mm. I have some original meters I'll be using and those are 33.34mm. The hole size for both is 29mm so it works nicely. These should be front mounted to give everyone the greatest chance to use meters they have or want to use. There really aren't too many that will fit in the vertical modules though. My personal feelings are that mounted on the reverse just doesn't look right to me. Also, you can still get the original meters, but they're very expensive.

Just a small note about the 8 space rack. It would be nice if there were room for people to put in transformers if they wish. Not a dealbreaker but it might be for some people? The pair I had, had Neve transformers for in and out. Not the best in practice due to the ratio, but some 1:1 could be nice I think. I'm planning to experiment.

Amazing work on these Trident comps... I'd be happy to test one ! How would you describe their sound ?

The metalwork design is amazing, too... Almost tempting, depending on the price and the possibility to fit standard connectors in the back

Pretty much got the metalwork roughed out as well as the McMurdo plug and socket. Just need to add IEC inlet / DSUB's or XLR's, make the case a little less deep etc..

Be good to nail a PSU, as I can model it in for mounting holes etc.

Also, the option of adding transformer balanced I/O, and another version with electronic balanced I/O ?

Now's the time for input lads, I'm deffo gonna make one for myself at least !

Best,
Steve

Attachments

• Front no modules.png
    Front no modules.png
    307.3 KB · Views: 1
  • LHS TRANSPARENT w Modules.png
    LHS TRANSPARENT w Modules.png
    315.5 KB · Views: 1
  • LHS TRANSPARENT.png
    LHS TRANSPARENT.png
    323 KB · Views: 0
  • McMurdo 24 Way Female.JPG
    McMurdo 24 Way Female.JPG
    431.9 KB · Views: 0
  • McMurdo 24 Way Male.JPG
    McMurdo 24 Way Male.JPG
    432.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Rear Transparent.png
    Rear Transparent.png
    430.9 KB · Views: 1
The hairball datasheets are right there on their website you just have to click the documents tab. Screw spacing for that meter is 33.5mm. I have some original meters I'll be using and those are 33.34mm. The hole size for both is 29mm so it works nicely. These should be front mounted to give everyone the greatest chance to use meters they have or want to use. There really aren't too many that will fit in the vertical modules though. My personal feelings are that mounted on the reverse just doesn't look right to me. Also, you can still get the original meters, but they're very expensive.

Just a small note about the 8 space rack. It would be nice if there were room for people to put in transformers if they wish. Not a dealbreaker but it might be for some people? The pair I had, had Neve transformers for in and out. Not the best in practice due to the ratio, but some 1:1 could be nice I think. I'm planning to experiment.
No problem, I'll re-do the meter holes to suit the hairball meter.

I did find the original type meter - Wide-Vue Analog Panel Meters - Simpson Electric

Anyone up for a possible group buy ?

I'm deffo gonna make mine transformer balanced, be interesting to see what you think are best ratios etc

Amazing work on these Trident comps... I'd be happy to test one ! How would you describe their sound ?

The metalwork design is amazing, too... Almost tempting, depending on the price and the possibility to fit standard connectors in the back
I can fit whatever connectors you prefer
Its certainly an idea to use other type of connectors, just for the people that don't want to spend crazy money on the originals - I can alter to suit, no problem.

Possibly use something like the 15 / 32 way DIN41612's ?

Last edited:
I can fit whatever connectors you prefer
Its certainly an idea to use other type of connectors, just for the people that don't want to spend crazy money on the originals - I can alter to suit, no problem.

Possibly use something like the 15 / 32 way DIN41612's ?
I’d have to try one first, to see if I need 8 of them :) I have no idea what they sound like.
But they sure look appealing :)

Ok guys, I'm closing the preorder.

I have:

Jensenmann x2
Potatocakes X4 (said 2-4, went higher for the estimate)
Rob Flinn X2
Jman X2
Kid Squid X2
PeterC X2
Kpearsall X8

I'm going to price these out based on an order of 24. I'll order that many anyway so we have some extras. Did I miss anyone?

Kid Squid - Any updates on pricing for the 8 channel rack and chassis?

I have:

Jensenmann x2
Rob Flinn X2
Jman X2
Kid Squid X2
PeterC X2
Kpearsall X8

I'm going to price these out based on an order of 24. I'll order that many anyway so we have some extras. Did I miss anyone?

I have submitted the drawings for costing, but haven't heard back as yet. I'll chase it up today.

[Nice work man !!] -- THANKS!!! Your stuff looks pretty good as well!!! Do you actually have your own license of SolidWorks? I do.

Here's a front-view of my 12U rack-chassis shown in Post #58 when it was actually manufactured:

View attachment 110810

It's a really cool feeling watching one of your product designs coming off of the manufacturing assembly line, while also being totally amazed at how many different people are all involved with putting a design together as a real product!!! SHAAZAM!!!

/
One of my close friends has his own fabrication business and he's loaned me his personal laptop with SW on !

Totally agree though, theres nothing better than doing a design and seeing it turned from the virtual world into reality.

I have:

Jensenmann x2
Rob Flinn X2
Jman X2
Kid Squid X2
PeterC X2
Kpearsall X8

I'll go ahead with 4 of them. When do you need payment for them?

Thanks!

Paul

Pricing will be $16 per channel (2 boards per channel)
plus shipping to wherever you are.

If everyone can send me a PM or Email (including your screen name) with your shipping address I can figure out shipping from there.

I sent a PM after this last post but didn’t hear back. Is this still moving forward? It’s only been a week, but just curious.
Yes! Sorry I was kind of waiting to hear back from everyone and there’s still a few missing. I’ll send you all totals tonight if I have your address, and I’ll PM anyone I don’t have addresses for.

Latest posts

Back