tube CF microphones

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kingkorg said:
Thd i did write. I believe most harmonics would be second and third order, not so much others. 

I would humbly have to say that "it really depends on the circuit topology".    Some are not so kind in that regard.

If you want to use a solid state follower that is direct coupled to the capsule and charges the capsule you need to protect the circuit during power up and powering  down so the voltages and current  differences don't break the semiconductors.

Recently PMI Audio with Joe Chiccarelli started to make remake of C37A called JC37 with claims that the parts are interchangeable with original. They also make the capsules, not many mics delivered yet.

Gus said:
If you want to use a solid state follower that is direct coupled to the capsule and charges the capsule you need to protect the circuit during power up and powering  down so the voltages and current  differences don't break the semiconductors.

Thanks Gus.  I'll get to it one of these days... 

mjrippe said:
I have worked with a designer using discrete SS circuits with higher voltage/current supplies for mic head amps and they can be very good sounding. 

I know this an an old thread,  but what Rens is doing seems interesting from a build perspective (no idea what's actually going on inside the mics though?) 
Is this in a similar vein to what you worked on Mike?

http://rensheijnis.com/microphones.htm

Latest posts

Back