Tube Mic Bodies

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junction

For interest, I have enquired with the company that manufactures the Thomann T Bone SCT-700 tube condensor microphones, as sold thru Thomann for Euro149 (US$203) They can supply a quantity of 100 of the SCT700 microphone with power supply, cable, spider suspension in an aluminium case for around US$120 (Euro87). They would screen print our own cutomised logo onto it, included in the price. As each unit weighs 7.5kg, shipping costs, duties etc will definitely bump the cost upwards.

Alternatively they can supply a complete functioning microphone body (with capsule, chinese 12AX7B tube, PCB, multi pin connector etc) not including power supply, cable, suspension mount, aluminium case, for around US$86 (Euro 63). However they have requested a minimum quantity of 500 unit's, but I think we could screw them down to maybe 100 or 200 pieces as a first run order.

The price for the body alone, excluding capsule, tube and pcb was only a couple of dollars cheaper, so it occurs to me that probably a complete mic body would be the most practical for DIY tube mic projects as the capsule mount and pcb mounting is all there, you could replace components as you wish. The shipping costs would be much lower, this could be shipped (I think) in a padded bag via general registered mail.

Is there any interest here? Not sure that I am offering to co-ordinate this just yet. Don't ask me anything about this microphone as I have not seen one, but I think others in this forum have and maybe they can chip in here as to it's suitability and quality of build.

Feel free to respond with your expression of interest and how many units, because if we could get to 100 or more, then it might be worth exploring. I note they are not interested in small quantities of mic bodies only as they want to sell their complete mic package, but as the numbers go up, they get more interested.

Cheers
Michael

Latest posts

Back