Tube Mic Problem (avantone cv12) - any idea

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

commanderberti

my Tube Mic Fame VT-12 (avantone cv-12 clone) has a problem.. if the audio signal (speech/singing) exceeds a certain level, it "flops" briefly and the output signal becomes very quiet.. the power supply unit and tube have already been exchanged.. that's not it .. Does somebody has any idea?

I also had this problem lending a microphone to a friend, but later I replaced the capsule to solve the problem. I threw away the head of the microphone and the capsule, and the biggest reason was because he had bad breath

I use the supplied windscreen for this reason...plus the distance controlling pop filter...this combo also helps with the nasty rising high end of modern LDCs...tlm49 for example...I have a Wierd Audio 47 mod 1 that is very liquid and open sounding, and the windsock doesn't seem to degrade the sound. I have also used the technique I have seen in photos where the C12vr was aimed at the aggressive singer like aa sm57...that also worked well. Try these methods if you have the chance

Back