turret (not p2p) pultec questions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finish to wire my eq last night, but i think i got trouble with the output stage.
The filter part work but i have no gain on the output.

creal said:
I used this pinout.
9530.jpg

baadc0de said:
Ugh, I've got the colored leads version... I have another one I haven't installed yet, so I'll take a photo of it when I get home later today. Don't know how much good that will do, but it can't hurt...
baadc0de, can you send me the pictures of your xfrm and your amp section?
Can you measure the values of resistance for the Primary and secondaries?
i will check my wiring this evening and maybe this night too.

creal said:
Many tanks, for the photos and resitances.
I'll check the 9530 wiring when i'm back home

Oh, I have enough tanks already :)
5092135399_c23b31726e_b.jpg

Just kidding (and showing off my 40k imperial guard collection lol)

Good luck with your project :)

I got it!! my pultec is alive.
I love the EQ, the sound is very close to the original.
This one, doesn't any noise or hum, and his sound is just great.
it just missing the frontpanel, i'm waiting do do this with stereokillah
Now i start the second EQP unit ;).
Special thanks to baadc0de, benlindell and cayacosta for the help and sharing.

Happy New Year 2011 to everybody
Creal

Ha! Congratulations!

I like mine as well, very very low noise and excellent sound as well. Which (company/model) capacitors did you use for the high boost?

baadc0de said:
Ha! Congratulations!
I like mine as well, very very low noise and excellent sound as well. Which (company/model) capacitors did you use for the high boost?

i use the orange drop caps except for the 18n and the 8n2 are panasonic ECQ-P. i'm really happy with this combination, the treble sound sweet and not agressive.

normal_IMG_0194.JPG

normal_IMG_0196.JPG

normal_IMG_0198.JPG

Congratulations. They are nice, right? I'll make a shootout with different caps for hi boost at some point. For example wima vs orange vs styro

Congratulations. They are nice, right?
I'll make a shootout with different caps for hi boost at some point. For example wima vs orange vs styro

I'll use this pair on master section just behind a turbo GSSL and/or the PM670 (when i finish it).
I love the color of this eq big and fat bottom and sweet no agressive high. They are just wonderful.
I saw many passive eq called 'PULTEC...' but this project in the most similar to the original EQP.
Now i'm waiting for the frontpanel.

Special thank to ChrioN for the inductors, i'm sure they have an important part in the final sound of my babys.
The styro is nice for the high section. I use them in my dual GPultec.
I don't try to use the wima for the high boost, but i think they sound very close to the orange drop.

baadc0de, it's was cool to make this project in the same time as you

Latest posts

Back