U47 & C12 DIY Microphone Kit, Capsules CK12 K47 K67 K87 & Parts

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which DIY mic do you prefer?

• Neumann U47 DIY

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Neumann U67 DIY

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Neumann U87 DIY

• Telefunken ELA-M 251 DIY

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • AKG C12 DIY

• Total voters
Graph said:
Hi, you ship yo argentina? Anyways, any of this mod will have the right measures for a Gyraf G7?(not premium, i cant afford it) Wanting to build one for myself and liked very much your designs!

Thank you!

Hi Graph,

Yes we ship to Argentina no problem ;)
Regarding Gyraf G7, I don't know this mid project, but I think our M12 microphone is compatible (if somebody from GroupDIY can confirm this).

Best :)
Yannick

Hello ! If you want to use the g7 pcp from gustav,it won t fit in the c12or 87 body because a 2" tube with a lengh of i think 8" is nessesary.The  47  Body would fit.When You wire Point to Point and mod the inner mounting,the Gyraf G 7 can be build in almost any Micbody of your choise.

Thank you very much for offering your Products in Europe !!

tubestation said:
Hello ! If you want to use the g7 pcp from gustav,it won t fit in the c12or 87 body because a 2" tube with a lengh of i think 8" is nessesary.The  47  Body would fit.When You wire Point to Point and mod the inner mounting,the Gyraf G 7 can be build in almost any Micbody of your choise.

Thank you very much for offering your Products in Europe !!
Oh.. well, its a shame, 47 body is great but too expensive.

But maybe doing some 87 would be nice, i will think about it :)

Could you help with some slight confusion: are you selling functional microphones, DIY kits or both?

Thank you

ihasmario said:
Could you help with some slight confusion: are you selling functional microphones, DIY kits or both?

Thank you

Hi,
Our microphone M-12, M-47 and M-87 are complete functional microphones.

Soon, we will make U87 DIY kit with our M-87 body :
- M-87 body ready with long wires
- Capsule MK-87
- PCB poctop D-U87
- transformer Cinemag CM-2480
- complete components with FET fairchild Low IDDS and matched pair resistors.

Best ;)
Yannick

Will the m-87 be a good donor microphone body for the d-67 project, just figured since the 87 and 67 are similar sized projects?  Has anyone tried this...
everything looks great, nice work!!
:)

thanks,
Greg

bieckmusic said:
Will the m-87 be a good donor microphone body for the d-67 project, just figured since the 87 and 67 are similar sized projects?  Has anyone tried this...
everything looks great, nice work!!
:)

thanks,
Greg

Hi Greg,
I didn't test it myself.
But according to poctop, the M-87 is not compatible with the project D-U67.
We will work on a new body that will be starting next year.
Best.
Yannick

Hi,

first post in here, hello everybody

- Capsule MK-87
- PCB poctop D-U87

How soon approximately ? and which packaging (wood box ? leather box ? shockmount ?) ?
And do you plan to offer the same for U47fet (short body) or C12 ?

What about the component inside of your ready made mic ?

You admit the circuit inside of you M87 isn't a full copy of the original but an adaptation, what about the circuit within U47 and C12 you offer ?

You spoke about a KM184 copy for next year, do you plan to work on other short membrane copy (alike DPA ? Schoeps ?) ?

Anyway, great to hear from you in Metz and looking forward to a couple of feedback even if i'm basically just waiting to come back in France and for your U87copy full kit ready to order...

Potikinawah said:
Hi,

first post in here, hello everybody

- Capsule MK-87
- PCB poctop D-U87

How soon approximately ? and which packaging (wood box ? leather box ? shockmount ?) ?
And do you plan to offer the same for U47fet (short body) or C12 ?

What about the component inside of your ready made mic ?

You admit the circuit inside of you M87 isn't a full copy of the original but an adaptation, what about the circuit within U47 and C12 you offer ?

You spoke about a KM184 copy for next year, do you plan to work on other short membrane copy (alike DPA ? Schoeps ?) ?

Anyway, great to hear from you in Metz and looking forward to a couple of feedback even if i'm basically just waiting to come back in France and for your U87copy full kit ready to order...

Hi and welcome on GroupDIY  :)

The kits should be ready next week.
The packaging is the same as our microphone M-87, ie in a cardboard box with its elastic shockmount, and the microphone is in a leather bag.

We have almost the same kit for our microphones M-12 and M-47, except that the microphones are already complete and it will first remove all the circuit if you want to change it.

Regarding the circuit of M-87, it is not that of U87. We are inspired by the frequency response of U87 to make electronics M-87. A M-87 premium version that will be the kit already installed will be available soon. For original copies of C12 and U47, we will offer versions with original circuit.

For moment, KM184 clone is just a project. We focus mainly on large-diaphragm microphones. The next project will be a U67-type microphone. We're pretty fond of tube microphones :)

Glad to read you and hoping that you will satisfy of your kit!

Yannick

U87DIYkit.png

Introducing our new Mic Kit : U87 DIY Kit.
Now available in small quantity.

U87 DIY Kit

Yannick

Nice kit. The M-87 body looks good, but it would even be better if we (or you!) could find a better alternative for the fragile and 'cheap feeling' slide switches.

RuudNL said:
Nice kit. The M-87 body looks good, but it would even be better if we (or you!) could find a better alternative for the fragile and 'cheap feeling' slide switches.

Thank you Ruud.
The switches were designed to firmly withstand multiple manipulations. We never had a problem until now :)
Best.

So I finished my C12 clone, but I don't get how to install the MK-12 on the saddle as therre are no screw holes...
What am I missing here ?! ???

Edit: Nevermind, the screw holes are under the yellow tape..

ArnoldLayne said:
So I finished my C12 clone, but I don't get how to install the MK-12 on the saddle as therre are no screw holes...
What am I missing here ?! ???

Edit: Nevermind, the screw holes are under the yellow tape..

Hi Arnold,
Yes, sorry, we are currently working on the tutorials on installing each capsule.
Thanks for your sharing :)
Best.

Hi,
compliment for your products. I have a little request... Is it possible buy 2 matched m-87 but with the c12 capsule?
I analyze the circuit of the mic and it's possible make a 414ish with not many mod.
Best
Fra

mastertaenia said:
Hi,
compliment for your products. I have a little request... Is it possible buy 2 matched m-87 but with the c12 capsule?
I analyze the circuit of the mic and it's possible make a 414ish with not many mod.
Best
Fra

Yes, it's possible.
We have a modification service and repair. Leave me your email in PM I can send you a quote.
Regards.

Hi, one more question, now the body includes the capsule for 200 euros?

thank you!

Graph said:
Hi, one more question, now the body includes the capsule for 200 euros?

thank you!

Hi,
Yes, the M-87 is included with capsule MK-7, electronics, transformers and shockmount for 199 euros.

Latest posts

Back