U47 & C12 DIY Microphone Kit, Capsules CK12 K47 K67 K87 & Parts

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which DIY mic do you prefer?

• Neumann U47 DIY

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Neumann U67 DIY

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Neumann U87 DIY

• Telefunken ELA-M 251 DIY

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • AKG C12 DIY

• Total voters
Toure14 said:
I would just like to buy the U87 mic with the mount and bag but I don't see them separate on the site. Do I just send you a pm for that?

Hi Toure14,
What products do you want ?
Best :)
Yannick

micandmod said:
Potikinawah said:
Did Poctop sent you a feedback about the problem concerning figure-8 pattern ?

About M12-Premium and M47-Premium, which transformers do you use inside ?

Yes Potikinawah, we are preparing a change announcements.
There was actually a little confusion over the capsule which is a K67. To make everything clear, we are changing the appellation of the capsule MK-87 in MK-67 premium. The real MK-87 will be available in a few weeks.
After seeing with Poctop,the kit requires a 4 wires capsule, but can also be used with a K67 capsule (Neumann U87Ai). Simply, only the cardioid and omnidirectionnnel pattern are functionnal.
I know many people don't use this pattern or less more. The Fig 8 is mostly used for stereo pairs blumlein (which I don't like so much personnaly, even if it is supposed to be more natural ; I recorded a lot of Steinway grand piano with stereo pair, and always use the AB technic).

Best.
Yannick

Are you saying that the capsule i received with my DIY U87 kit, that has "MK-87" on the box is actually a MK-67 capsule?

/M

micandmod said:
Toure14 said:
I would just like to buy the U87 mic with the mount and bag but I don't see them separate on the site. Do I just send you a pm for that?

Hi Toure14,
What products do you want ?
Yannick

I need a u87 mic body kit I also need pcb but since u only sell the pcb with full kit ill buy pcb from poctop

Thanks

I need a u87 mic body kit I also need pcb but since u only sell the pcb with full kit ill buy pcb from poctop

Thanks

Yes, we are out of stock with PCB kit.
The body kit is available here : http://micandmod.com/theshop/en/parts/53-u87-body-kit.html

Best.

Are you saying that the capsule i received with my DIY U87 kit, that has "MK-87" on the box is actually a MK-67 capsule?

/M

Hi Michael,
I replied by email yesterday.
Let me know if you have received.
Best.

micandmod said:
The body kit is available here : http://micandmod.com/theshop/en/parts/53-u87-body-kit.html

Best.
Hello Yannick,

is the shockmount included in this body kit?

Thanks in advance,

best regards,

Udo.

kante1603 said:
micandmod said:

Best.
Hello Yannick,

is the shockmount included in this body kit?

Thanks in advance,

best regards,

Udo.

Hi Udo,

Yes the shockmount and vintage metal plate are included in the body kit.

- Microphone M-47 B-Stock Available 449 euros : http://micandmod.com/theshop/en/tube-microphones/66-microphone-m-47-b-stock.html
Problem with the small screw. DIYers can easily remove it ;)
Best.

kante1603 said:
Hi Yannick,

1 body kit ordered and paid for testing.
Will there be any tracking?

Best,

Udo.

Thank you Udo :)
Yes, you follow every step of your order.
It will ship tomorrow and a tracking number will be send.
Best ;)

ram75 said:
I've tested the M87 the M87 prenium versions against a TLM 103, not talking about the U87, not the same planet.
The 189 euros, well, what do you expect? no gain, nowhere close to The TLM
the 500 euros one is better, thanx god I would say!, is in the same league as the TLM, U87.. well..no, sorry. It's not that it sounds bad, but it feels pretty cheap, plastic connectors, loosy and still less gain than the TLM.
So after one week of testing it, I've deceided to send it back, i already have 2 TLM, didn't need a (cheap) third one who's gonna be pretty hard to  sell second hand.
And then, oh surprise... I've received an email saying Mic and Mod couldn't take it back cause there was a scratch on the body (of course  on the 500 one, not the 189...) That I have to buy it...NICE!
I've mounted and unmounted the mic once (yes in the right way) not twice, no just once, it didn't fall, I took great care of it.
So, either there was problem with the shockmount either I'm a liar...Guess what happened?
I'm now a proud owner of a mic I don't want...
So, if anybody wants it, I can sell it for 480 euros (20 euros less with a...scratch), one week of use.
Thank you mic and mod.

Hi ram75,
I tried to contact you so that we discuss this issue and have never been able to reach you.
The money back is only to the individual, not professional ( French and European law) .
On your first purchase of our microphone M -87 , I exceptionally agreed to take you back the microphone to exchange against the DIY U87 Kit Poctop .
Subsequently, and after 7 days of using the microphone in your studio, you asked me to take him back for a refund ( as compared to a history of fragile switches). What I accepted again by asking you to return the microphone in perfect condition.
Once the package received by our services, we saw to our surprise that the microphone body was completely striped . We have checked the shockmount , which had no particular problem. In addition, plates Vintage style of the two microphones had never been returned , you have certainly kept for you.
I've then proposed a change switches and free return, that I wasn't at all forced to do (cf general term of sale).
I think I was honest towards you.
A word to the wise  ;)

ram75 said:
Ah, now, the mic was "completly stripped", nice, very nice.
for the "vintage plate", i remember the first one and putting it back in the box, not the second, i'm gonna check if it's somewhere in the studio.
I like the way you make people think I'm a thief for a 10 cents plate, so lovely.
I would understand if you have told me I had to pay for the part of the body who was "scratched", how much does it cost, 20 euros?
You told me as well it was impossible to sell as it is as a B-stock, ok. Still, it looks like you're abble to sell a M47 with a stuck screw for 50 euros less than the original price...
I just think you're a total dishonest person.
End of story.

The M-47 B-Stock is from the factory, not a back of Customer.
1. You are professional, not Money Back available (European Law).
2. The microphone was incomplete (The vintage plate).
3. The microphone was striped. (see photos in attachments, that I already sent you) : one photo per striped.

See you soon.
Best regards.

_DSC1804.jpg
_DSC1805.jpg
_DSC1806.jpg
_DSC1807.jpg

ram75 said:
I just think you're a total dishonest person.
End of story.
Hello,

I don´t want to take sides here,neither yours nor Yannicks.This to make my opinion clear.

But calling somebody a "...dishonest person." breaks the forum rules.

This is not a platform for a private war,this forum is about sharing information,learning,helping each other-in a polite way.
A statement like yours doesn´t help anybody but leaves a bad taste.
It is absolutely o.k. to post when you are unhappy with stuff so other members can form their own opinion or contribute something.
Personally I ordered a body kit which is on the way now.
I will definetely state clearly how I like it,either it is good,bad or something in between once I have it in my hands.

But never would I give someone names or such an attribute.

If you have a private problem try to solve it in private in a more adult way,I´m sure you both will find a solution.

Otherwise this will leave nothing but a "bad spirit" here,and I´m sure nobody wants that.

Just my 2 ct,

Udo.

No way to take a side.

Still this kind of shockmount really easily leaves such strippes, just one has to put the microphone inside and try to move it a bit during mic placement (which is more than common) so i guess the scratches we can see down there are pretty common when using that kinda shockmount.

Would micandmod be so kind to offer shockmount as an option in the kit ? I truly believe many among us would prefer shockmount like Rycote Invision series which are just great and don't leave any scratch on the mic (and you generally don't need a thousand mic on a vocal, just one so that "one shockmount to rule them all" is quite usual)

When do you schedule to finish a real M87 capsule (as you told the previous is more like a K67 capsule with only 2 conductors which don't allow figure-8 which I personnaly need, being a blumlein and MS enthusiast) ? I'm a bit waiting for it before any order, if you know it's gonna be long i should get only the bodies and try with another capsule first.

Back