U47 & C12 DIY Microphone Kit, Capsules CK12 K47 K67 K87 & Parts

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which DIY mic do you prefer?

• Neumann U47 DIY

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Neumann U67 DIY

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Neumann U87 DIY

• Telefunken ELA-M 251 DIY

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • AKG C12 DIY

• Total voters
wolan42 said:
Hello Yannick,

Haufe still make the T14/1.
But if you be in contact with Haufe, you can ask them if they make a BV8 and a BV11 transformer...;-)
I think some people will buy them.

Andreas

Thank you very much for the infos Andreas :)
I will contact them for more informations.
Best :)
Yannick

Hi Yannick you say M87 capsules is your cheaper K67 $49 but the website says $49 is 34mm dia M87 capsule is 32mm thanks.....

gary o said:
Hi Yannick you say M87 capsules is your cheaper K67 $49 but the website says $49 is 34mm dia M87 capsule is 32mm thanks.....

Hi Gary,
It is an error in the ad.
It is indeed a 32mm K67 capsule.
We also have 34mm K67 capsules available soon.
The capsule’s smaller diameter allows it to handle higher SPL than a larger capsule.
Best.
Yannick

The capsule’s smaller diameter allows it to handle higher SPL than a larger capsule.

That's all other things being equal (membrane thickness, tension, space between membrane and backplate etc.). And regardless, relatively it's a small difference in diameter, so I wouldn't expect the difference in SPL handling to be of overruling importance for most. Do you have numbers?

micaddict said:

That's all other things being equal (membrane thickness, tension, space between membrane and backplate etc.). And regardless, relatively it's a small difference in diameter, so I wouldn't expect the difference in SPL handling to be of overruling importance for most. Do you have numbers?

Hi micaddict,
I think I read somewhere one day.
I've never really done a test for me.
You think that there is another difference compared to the diameter of the capsule?
This can be a very interesting debate :)
Best.
Yannick

You think that there is another difference compared to the diameter of the capsule?

I don't know. You'd need all the exact specs or some serious measuring equipment. The point is that due to several variables you could be comparing apples to oranges. E.g. the RK7 from Microphone Parts is slightly smaller (in diameter) than the RK47, but the membranes on the RK7 are twice as thick. Just one example and just one extra variable.

For the record, I'm not saying your 32mm K67 can't handle higher spl than your 34mm K67. It's quite possible of course.

Hi there,
I am pleased to announce an AKG C12 DIY kit available soon.

The transformer will be a recreation of the famous T14, specially designed by Cinemag for Mic & Mod.

The capsule will be our fabulous MK-12, a perfect recreation of the CK-12.

You can choose between 3 tubes:
- Electro-Harmonix 6072A
- Electro-Harmonix Gold 6072A
- GE NOS 6072A 1957

The 0.47 uF capacitor will be a Russian PIO NOS.

More informations very soon...

Keep connected  :)

C12DIYKit.jpg

Introducing our new capsule MK-87 : http://micandmod.com/en/capsules/78-microphone-capsule-mk-87.html
Assembled and tested in France !
100% compatible, all pattern, with our U87 DIY Kit (soon back in stock... next week I think).
Best :)

The U87 DIY Kit will be back in stock within a few days.
Sorry for the delay.
We'll have a few pieces of kit C12 within few days also.
Feel free to add us on Facebook or follow the topic :)

The U87 DIY Kit 2.5 is now available : http://micandmod.com/en/20-diy-mics

News :
- exclusive transformer Cinemag CM-13113 : recreation of T13 transformer
- resistors 60M Vishay
- internal wiring copper/silver with teflon
- capsule choice : MK-67 premium (Omni/Cardio) or MK-87 (Omni/Cardio/Fig8) assembled in France.

Hi Yannick

Is there any chance of doing graphic tests and putting them on a chart of some sort for us folks about your capsules? I mean, it is becoming to make some sense since the market of capsules is growing, day by day. A test about your 87's would be sweet!

Adriano

C12 Vintage Microphone PCB

Our C12 PCB is a faithful circuit reproduction of the vintage AKG C12 microphone.
It's designed to fit easily in Alctron HT-11A or Apex 460 donor microphone body type (or M-12 microphone available here).

The particularity of our circuit is to have the High impedance Bridge fully floating on isolated teflon pins.
This results in an unaltered sound. The PCB is available here.

The complete Build Guide is available here

Price : 29€

C12 Microphone Parts Kit: available here : 79€

c12pcb.jpg

presentationC12.png

Introducing our new project C12 DIY Kit: available here
Price Basic Kit : 549€

236.jpg

237.jpg

102.jpg

231.jpg

232.jpg

C12 Output Capacitor Choice:
- NOS Russian PIO 0.47uF
- JB JFX Premium Film 1uF

164.jpg

Transformer Cinemag CM-13114
High quality transformer Made In USA.
Ratio: 12:1 like the real C12.

203.jpg

Capsule MK-12
High quality recreation of AKG CK-12 capsule.

MK12-2.jpg

Can you talk more about the M-12 capsule? It doesn't look like the same hole pattern as a CK12, nor does it look like a K67 hole pattern, which I believe is sometimes used in chinese versions of the CK12.

Melodeath00 said:
Can you talk more about the M-12 capsule? It doesn't look like the same hole pattern as a CK12, nor does it look like a K67 hole pattern, which I believe is sometimes used in chinese versions of the CK12.

Hi,
Do you mean the capsule MK-12 from our M-12 premium?
The MK-12 is an edge-terminated capsule made in the style of the AKG CK-12.
We have compared it (into our C12 DIY Kit) to a true capsule CK-12 from AKG C12 Vintage, the sound is almost identical. It is quite impressive.
Best.

Hi,
I'm interested about C12 microphone. Can you tell me how long does the installation of the project? do you plan to do a Neumann U47?
Thank you!
Gino

melomane said:
Hi,
I'm interested about C12 microphone. Can you tell me how long does the installation of the project? do you plan to do a Neumann U47?
Thank you!
Gino

Hi Gino,
We have not really calculated the time of installation. It all depends on your skill with the soldering iron.
But if you start and take your time, a good half day should suffice.
Yes, we expect a U47 DIY Kit soon;)
Keep connected.
Best.

We are pleased to announce the coming of our new DIY Microphone Kit.

The U47 DIY Kit!
With complete kit ready to build: Microphone + PSU.
Faithful reproduction of Vintage U47.

More information soon  ;)

U47DIYKIT2.JPG

U47DIYKIT1.JPG

Back