U47 & C12 DIY Microphone Kit, Capsules CK12 K47 K67 K87 & Parts

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which DIY mic do you prefer?

• Neumann U47 DIY

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Neumann U67 DIY

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Neumann U87 DIY

• Telefunken ELA-M 251 DIY

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • AKG C12 DIY

• Total voters
wolan42 said:
Hello Yannick,

my MK-12 Capsule arrived today.
Very fast delivery. I will test it next week and report back.

Merci beaucoup aussi pour le plaque métal.  :D

Andreas

Thank you Andreas :)
Feel free to send us pictures of your achievements and give us your opinion.
Best.
Yannick

Hi :)
Good news, I know I have had many posts on this, our U87 DIY Kit is soon back in stock. It's now in 2.0 version, with some novelties ! Available tomorrow on Mic & Mod shop. Have a good day !

kante1603 said:
Sounds interesting Yannick,
will the body kits still be available then?

Best,

Udo.

Yes Udo, body kit MK2 soon available !

Potikinawah said:
What did you change ?
New options (with or without micandmod capsule etc...) ?

Thank you,
Yoh

Here is the new options of U87 DIY Kit 2.0
- New U87 microphone body, with 3 metal switches, high quality.
- New JFET, Fairchild 2N3819 very rare and selected Low IDSS!

For moment, no option for kit without capsule.

Best.
Yannick

When do you plan (if you do so) to offer it with capsule and transformer as option ?

Thank you,
Yoh

So I moved my first "interieur" from my first (blue) proto DU87 to the Mic&Mod-body.
Parts fit very nice and it looks way better than my self-painted stuff,more "Pro".
Yannick was so kind to send me a new switch board that has more robust and quality toggle switches now.
Makes it look even more silverish than before.Here´s the result,click to enlarge:

Thanks Yannik for your body (....ooooopppsssss!)-I meant the mic body kit of course!

Two things remaining:
1.:The hunt for a EA-style shockmount.
2.:A question:Will the rev 2 body kits still have the same look than this (I want to build some more and I want them to look identical)?

Cheers,

Udo.

kante1603 said:
So I moved my first "interieur" from my first (blue) proto DU87 to the Mic&Mod-body.
Parts fit very nice and it looks way better than my self-painted stuff,more "Pro".
Yannick was so kind to send me a new switch board that has more robust and quality toggle switches now.
Makes it look even more silverish than before.Here´s the result,click to enlarge:

Thanks Yannik for your body (....ooooopppsssss!)-I meant the mic body kit of course!

Two things remaining:
1.:The hunt for a EA-style shockmount.
2.:A question:Will the rev 2 body kits still have the same look than this (I want to build some more and I want them to look identical)?

Cheers,

Udo.

Haha really nice !
Glad you like my microphone "body" :D

1. For EA style shockmount, for now, I don't have news...
2. Yes, the rev 2 U87 body is soon available :) We are working on !

Best.
Yannick

micandmod said:
kante1603 said:

Cheers,

Udo.
2. Yes, the rev 2 U87 body is soon available :) We are working on !

Best.
Yannick
Thanks Yannick,
but my question was if the rev 2 body will look the same as rev 1,I mean did you change anything on the body itself,the headbasket etc. (Except the new switches of course).My goal is to have them look identical.
Sorry if my question was unclear.

Best,

Udo.

Thanks Yannick,
but my question was if the rev 2 body will look the same as rev 1,I mean did you change anything on the body itself,the headbasket etc. (Except the new switches of course).My goal is to have them look identical.
Sorry if my question was unclear.

Best,

Udo.

No problem Udo.
It's just me, I'm a bit tired :)
Yes, the U87 body rev.2 will be the same regarding headbasket, body... just the new metal switches are added.
Best.
Yannick

gary o said:
What circuit is in your M87 ....... thanks

Hi,
The M-87 is a basic circuit, not the real U87 circuit (like our U87 DIY Kit).
We will soon offer a mod kit for the M-87, for those who wish to upgrade the circuit ;)
Best.
Yannick

Thanks Yannick  will mod kit have capsule ...... also whts difference between your two K67 type capsules other than price & am I right in saying the M87 has the cheaper capsule, thanks Im just
checking my options

Cheers

gary o said:
Thanks Yannick  will mod kit have capsule ...... also whts difference between your two K67 type capsules other than price & am I right in saying the M87 has the cheaper capsule, thanks Im just
checking my options

Cheers

Yes, the MK-67 premium is a better capsule as MK-67 regular. The MK-67 is the stock capsule of our M-87 microphone.
It will be more precise, but this capsule is especially made for the replacement of K67 capsule in other microphones.
Best ;)

EEMO1 said:
please consider haufe transformers! the original c12 type...  :) :) :)

Hi :)
Are you sure that they still make some?
Personally, we work with Cinemag who realize us T14 custom transformers.
Best.
Yannick

Hello Yannick,

Haufe still make the T14/1.
But if you be in contact with Haufe, you can ask them if they make a BV8 and a BV11 transformer...;-)
I think some people will buy them.

Andreas

Back