U47 multi pattern build

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well the helarious mistake this time was i'd put in a 47mH inductor in place of a 1G resistor! looked pretty much the same!!!
all works perfectly now!! doh!!
Very good, you are always very creative with your mistakes! 😅

I would solder another resistor into the position of the 20R so that you have some pre-filtering. How much voltage do you have at the input of the LM317 now?

10v at input so as there is no noise i think im good?
Basically yes, but a small resistor at this point would still form a nice RC filter with the following large capacitor. With a 1R resistor, approx. 0.3V would be converted into heat, the LM317 would still have sufficient voltage to regulate and would become less warm. Win - win.

0.3A x 0.3V = 0.09W ---> 0.6W or 1W type resistor would be sufficient

Its definetly a step down transformer right? 6:1 should be the right ratio i thought!!
as in mic side pri should be 6 and to socket should be 1.
Yes, the BV.08 is definitely a microphone output step down transformer with 6.5:1 ratio.

The primary side of the 6,5 should be connected to the 1μF/250V coupling output capacitor - ground, the secondary side of 1 should be connected to the socket…

The BV.08 it is not the “perfect match” for the EF80(0) tube with 100KΩ plate load, but you came pretty close…

Attachments

• Transformer BVO8-classic-Spec-sheet.png
    Transformer BVO8-classic-Spec-sheet.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Transformer BV8R-Spec-sheet.png
    Transformer BV8R-Spec-sheet.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 0
I put in 3 x 5R in paralell to get 1.6R in replacement of the 20R, all sounds good, it was pretty quiet anyways but probably even quiter now.

well worth building this version if youve got some fibreboard and some turrets, modding the psu was much less of a pain than building one from scratch, having all the diffferent polarities really helps as well and buying the bodies saved me so much hastle and looks so much better than my versions.

I put in 3 x 5R in paralell to get 1.6R in replacement of the 20R, all sounds good, it was pretty quiet anyways but probably even quiter now.
Perfect! Do you hear a difference in noise when you change the heater voltage? (6.3V vs. 5V). I would be interested to know how you see this.

Latest posts

Back