uk wanted someone to make g7 mic for me

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nelly

I've looked at the Gyraf g7 mic,  going to get a Tim campbell capsule CT12... .I have limited experience, I can solder, done  Kilometer's of cables, but this diff ball game.
I can order all parts.
Can you let me know how much for labour...half day or full day etc.

I live in Brighton in UK  (local guy be handy)  may be more mod work to !!
Thanx Nelly

Hey Spence, whiie you're at it, could you teach her a couple of things?  She can already solder.
She may very well get the bug and it would be nice to have a lady builder around here for a change, no?

Nelly, you can make yourself immortal.  :)
But for your own project, I'd start with a PCB kit and  a fet microphone at that.
Those aren't lethal.

Henk

Hey Guys....for starters a I'm male.....I know you all gutted.  NellySlideGuitar.

I wanted to buy a U67....but aint got that sort of cash...Why interested in kits...and looking for a local engineer.
Thanx for your build offer, where are you based, Sussex? Want to find a local Tech of course.
I'm sure I can build it, no probs....Its the testing that daunts me.

I'm a guitarist/engineer, with good home set up,I got good fet mic's, this ones gotta be valves baby!

Have order my Campell capsule already so its all on.

U67 is tricky, M269 is also, I'm more happy with my M269 than my U67 as I bought a capsule from Eric and have the sowter transformer and I don't think that combination is quite right.
My M269 sounds great going to swap out the capsule once I've made these other U67 bodies and have a pair of M269 and then try out some different stuff for my U67.
I'm Suffolk, I'm sure if you got a cheap scope you'll be fine testing.

Spence.

Back