Upgrading to mavericks-fingers crossed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mbira

Well I just bit the bullet and bought the new version of Reason 7-I've been using Reason 4 for well forever....I just downloaded it and installed it (over my reason 4 install-no choice was given-went to open it and was told it wouldn't run because I'm running 10.6.8. 

Sigh....

OK, right now I'm downloading mavericks.  I've got a few weeks until the next gig where I need to be absolutely sure all my programs work, so I should have time to clean up the mess....

fingers crossed!

Hope your upgrade works well...

In my case: i worked on Logic 8 and upgrade to Mavericks. FATAL ERROR! visual bugs on Logic make it unusable. Lots of people raging about the same in forums. Apple's solution: buy Logic Pro X and upgrade to Mavericks but i found Logic Pro 9 to work like a charm on Mavericks.

Advice: don't upgrade if you don't need it

Which is Mavericks?!?  10.9.?

If so, I just downgraded a friend's brand new computer back to 10.8.? due to issues with Pro Tools 10/11.

I wish you all the best.

Michael

well so far so good.  I got Ableton and Reason playing well together.  I'm enjoying Reason 7.  So far everything seems to be working right-even Cubase 5.5 even though for some reason I'm now getting a "Syncrosoft Licenser" error message when starting cubase, but everything seems to be working fine.

had to upgrade to Mavericks for Final Cut Pro X. I was so worried that it would screw everything else up. Well, my really old version of Photoshop CS no longer works. Nothing I can do about that. Lucky I haven't had many other issues as i'm running Logic.

I hate OS upgrades. They are rarely ever life changing except that it screws your life with incompatability issues.

I gotta say so far so good!  This was the first time I've dealt with an OS upgrade with a mac.  Everything really went well and all programs seem to be working well and happily together.  The only minor complaint I have is that I lost a couple of the multi-finger swipe features you could do on the track pad.  They were replaced with other ones...

I shudder to think back when I was having to update my PC...

I'm using logic 9 on a PC with mavericks, no a single problem since that. I build the machine thinking in movers and bought also a focusrite liquid 56 working perfect too. I guess with 10.9.2 and last protools upgrades there shouldn't be a problem, didn't try it though, but I use logic since so long that PT doesn't even cross my mind, only for getting other people projects but I don't have it, I didn't install 10.9.2 yet, I want to make a carbon copy cloner before that.

JS

joaquins said:
I'm using logic 9 on a PC with mavericks, no a single problem since that. I build the machine thinking in movers and bought also a focusrite liquid 56 working perfect too. I guess with 10.9.2 and last protools upgrades there shouldn't be a problem, didn't try it though, but I use logic since so long that PT doesn't even cross my mind, only for getting other people projects but I don't have it, I didn't install 10.9.2 yet, I want to make a carbon copy cloner before that.

I'm on 10.9.2 on both my Core 2 Duo iMac and my quad Core i7 MacBook Pro. Logic 9, among other things, works like a charm.

-a

Andy Peters said:
joaquins said:

I'm on 10.9.2 on both my Core 2 Duo iMac and my quad Core i7 MacBook Pro. Logic 9, among other things, works like a charm.

-a

Yes, of course it work like a charm, the only fear is because mine is not a mac, is just a pc with an i7 4770K and a Gigabyte mother, I didn't have problems installing 10.9.1 fresh, but I've never (of course) update it, and I just want to be safe becasue a lot of software just installed and don't want to do it all again.

Any difference with 10.9.1? other than the security warning doesn't appear each five minutes...

JS

Well I had a little problem as for some reason the upgrade seemed to uninstall my version of Java.  I installed the new version not knowing it's 64 bit.  I run a midi to serial converter in our live shows that runs only in 32 bit java.  Luckily I tracked down the issue yesterday and from what I can tell all is working correctly.  We'll see on tonights gig!

oh-one big bumer is that it seems like a lot of my quartz composer plugins-even "billboard" will no longer work-that would affect any video projection show.  Need to look into that next...

I still crash regularly after updating to Maverick.

Have to use my wife's computer if I want to transfer money via online banking (it simply doesn't work), and having issues with wifi connectivity on the mac that was updated as well.

Completely unrelated to the OS issue, I am up to 5, visible dead pixels on my screen.

I loved my old Macbook, and it served me well for 5 years, but I really regret buying this Macbook pro expecting it to last me just as long....  :-\ (one year old now)

Gustav

Latest posts

Back