Using Log Pot instead of RevLog (simple question)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BI/TT P092N and P0925N dual section 9mm potentimeters have decent availability at the moment:

https://www.eciaauthorized.com/en/search/P092N

They're also conductive plastic. Not sure about tracking. I have never actually purchase or used one of these (yet).

Look at the end of the part code for CR50K. The C means reverse log. So BR10K would be 10K linear, AR100K would be 100K audio, etc.

At this particular moment there are dual section P092N stocked for:

linear 10K
linear 20K
linear 500K
audio 10k
audio 20K
audio 100K
reverse log 100K

and there's also P0925N which is the vertical mount (these look like they're the same 10mm height / form factor as the Alpha 9mm vertical mount which I like):

linear 10K
linear 20K
linear 50K
audio 10K
audio 100K
reverse 500K

Reverse log 100K is probably just about right for an EQ like an SVF. If tracking is bad, maybe try linear 500k with law bending resistor in non-rheostat arrangement.

A wider look-around:
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=282641

I've also learned that most (not all!) Chinese switches work the UK way.

While it is written in the US switches, it is not US code. This came up on a US home inspection forum, where consensus is that even if ALL switches in a house are "upside down", this is not a fault.

PRR said:
This came up on a US home inspection forum, where consensus is that even if ALL switches in a house are "upside down", this is not a fault.
;D ;D ;D
not surprised,
my brother has construction company in east coast,
i am not impressed with housing codes in US at all... after all its all 2/4 timber. and they have pages of regulations how u joint them,
with brackets...
lived in very expensive apartment buildings, and moderate apartment buildings in CA, 
i cant list a single thing was better in high end expensive building, except the view!
i can  list you dozen of things that are bizarre in US...
from bathroom lighting to kitchen vent... oh, did i say kitchen vent, it doent exist...
they just install it, and it blows back in to kitchen/living room  ;D ;D ;D
placing kitchen disposal switch next to  lighting switch is totally fine????  WHT!!!
fuse box wiring is not to my standard. tolerance on staircases has a room for more than an inch! etc etc!

Latest posts

Back