veers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... I know, but I had fun mentioning how crazy silly and draconian the law can be! :)

Sidebar - I used to give a speech about silly laws around the country to civic service organizations such as the Jaycees, Rotary International, AMBUCs, and similar civic minded groups. It is a big hit and gets a lot of laughs. That would get me a free lunch on the "Rubber Chicken Circuit" and occasionally drummed up new business as I could showcase my speaking style and sense of humor. The research was easy and well worth the time and effort over the years. No shortage of material in that one!

Happy days. / James
I decided to place my response here to not corrupt my happy beer keg thread with unhappy political machinations BUT

Speaking of old laws that are out of step with modern norms, and political strategy getting abortion (declared a state issue by SCOTUS) back on ballots this Nov to turn out woman voters to hopefully favor one political side.

WWW said:
PHOENIX — The Arizona Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that a 160-year-old near-total abortion ban still on the books in the state is enforceable, a bombshell decision that adds the state to the growing lists of places where abortion care is effectively banned.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/arizona-supreme-court-ruling-abortion-ban-rcna146915
This law was passed some 50 years before AZ became a state but it will likely be made a ballot issue this year.

I hate politics but I am intrigued by watching and figuring out the strategy behind the game.

[edit] if you are in a poker game and can't tell who the patsy is, you may be the patsy. My goal is to not be the patsy in the political poker game. /edit]

JR

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back