• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Wet Tantalum Capacitors

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will look upstairs later - down here it looks like I have a handful of like 250-270 volt 4-5 uf by my records. Nothing that small (1-2uf) downstairs. If I find anything upstairs I will let you know. Biz partner lives upstairs and is not awake yet.

He want's wet tantalum capacitors. Different than Electrolytics.

That cap would never "see" more than 60V DC normally.
I would be cautious with this statement. When you have a passive power supply the voltage there can be quite high before the tube starts to conduct...

He want's wet tantalum capacitors. Different than Electrolytics.

I would be cautious with this statement. When you have a passive power supply the voltage there can be quite high before the tube starts to conduct...
If you want to use the mic without tube you are right:)

Because I don’t need a regular electrolytic I have thousands. Thanks for your wonderful wisdom.

Thanks for your wonderful wisdom.
>> Your comment here comes across to me as being "sarcastic and snarky"!!! As I am only trying to help you out, I can only hope that I am wrong about this.

In any case, will these work for you???

CLR25Q010SPR SPRAGUE CAPACITOR 1UF 150V TANTALUM WET AXIAL

https://www.tedss.com/2020022824

Tantalum Capacitors - Wet 1.7UF 150V 20% C 135D175X0150C2

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Vishay-Tansitor/135D175X0150C2?qs=jxXCjj08cASogKmPn0pEyQ==

At one point-in-time, a wet tantalum cap was probably the only possible combination of low leakage and compactness. Today, electrolytic capacitor technology has improved so much, current products rival and even better tantalum caps. However, the choice is not vast.

/

One is not available for 6 months and the other is way overpriced and in America but thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion’s everyone it seems they are impossible to get hold of.

Back