Whadda you suggest?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iomegaman

GDIY Supporter
I picked up a Urei MOH 110...http://studioelectronics.biz/ureipdf/modoneinput.pdf in an electronics surplus store, this unit was apparently used in radio broadcast situations.

It is a discrete amp motherboard kinda design, where you plug in "channel strip" sorta controls and then it outputs everything to either a line amp, a cue amp, a headphone amp or a monitor amp output (the cue is externally controlled, the line is variable and the monitor is fixed dB outputs.)

Transformer input, transformer output (150 ohm in, 600 ohm out).

Offers up to 80 dB of gain, has 2 wonderful Urei Meters, and even has a headphone amp built into it...

SO the unit came stocked with a program amp card, a cue amp card, a monitor amp card, an audition amp card and a headphone amp card.

Also came with a cassette tape control strips, two "cart" control strips, two "tape" strips, an Am/FM switch strip and four channel (mic switch) strips as well as the headphone strip.

ALL STRIPS HAVE TRANSFORMERS.

Most of the amp cards have transformers...

2-Mic XLR ins.

I gotta find/build a +24-24 1.5 amp PSU for it...

So I'm trying to think what would be the most creative way to use this thing...maybe as an ultimate pre console (its a walnut desktop unit) where I could load 5 different kind of pre's into the output card slots...

Or maybe a discrete summing box....

I dunno...its built like a tank and shielded for FCC standards...looks like I need to replace a handful of caps...don't know yet haven't powered it up...

I would tell you what I payed but I'm kinda embarrassed at how cheap it was...the meters alone were worth more than I paid.

Shematic can be seen here:  http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Vintage%20JBL-UREI%20Electronics/UREI-MOD1.pdf

Back