What is that Red/Blue gunk on screws called?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"You get a better buzz from the nail polish than glyptal. Well, maybe...."
CJ

Actually CJ, I think you're right...Although it's not nail polish, I remember re-tolexing an old Fender amp cabinet a few years back and I was in my shop, no windows open, and I was using rubber contact cement....I didn't realize how bad I was until I tried to stumble into the kitchen....my wife thought I had been tipping a few....I felt stoned :shock: (of course, how would I know how that feels?) :roll: :wink: ...My wife walked into the shop a few minutes later to open a window or two and the smell almost knocked her over...I guess in hindsight, I was pretty lucky....I'm not sure but what if I'd stayed in there too much longer, I might not be here today....scary....

there are safer ways to get high I guess....a few bicardi and colas go a long way towards a safe high...

TP

Oh yeah, that stuff is wicked. And flammable too! You could make Naphalm bombs out of that stuff. Paint remover is pretty nasty too.
The worst I saw was my Foreman using the cutting torch to cut apart a transformer tank from the ol days that had residual PCB oil all over it. It was smokin like a SOB and this guy was right there, no mask or nuthin.
What does PCB laced transfomer oil produce when you torch it?
Dioxin! The most deadly carciogen known to man!
In fact, thats the only way to get rid of it, it is so inert, and thus a great insulator because it dosen't break down. So they take it out on these barges in the middle of the gulf of mexico and set fire to it!
I wonder what those guys get paid?
:mad:

Yes!
Actually, he made me watch him, which I thought was really werid.
It's like, "If I'm gonna die, you are going with me" type of thing.
:twisted:

Back