What is this?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus

What is this?
Bybee Purifiers

how do you use it?

What is it? You add this to a circuit(I guess no circuit diagram) and you get cooper pairs in the rest of the circuit?

Do people buy this part and use it?

Good grief. Cooper pairs (not as the blurb says "Cooper's Pairs", or later "Coopers' Pairs") tend to get blown apart at or a bit above liquid Helium temps. And they don't account for "high" temp superconductivity in any of the current theories.

But a reduction in noise should be readily measurable. Where's the data?

gut reaction is to follow and say it's crap
but the open minded Tech in me says "show me what it is "

.... what the hell is this thing ?

" ... principles derived from quantum mechanics, the study of how electrons behave at the subatomic level. Quantum physicists have learned that electrons have an intrinsic angular characteristic expressed in terms of spin (either up or down), which describes their orbital behavior around the nucleus of an atom."
errr
:roll:
up ... down ?

products_DIY001.gif

Bybee Slipstream Interconnect Termination Kits
Each kit comprises an Eichmann RCA Bullet Plug with metal barrel, with a Slipstream purifier integrated at the connection point for the signal conductor. DIYers can use this assembly to construct their own interconnect cables, placing these plugs at either or both ends of the cable, depending on the degree of performance desired. If only one IC Kit is used for a cable, it should be placed at the downstream end. For best performance, terminate both ends of the cable with an IC Kit.

PRICE: $130 each

:shock: :?

I am having trouble accepting any of this

What Is Quantum Purification?

Jack Bybee's Quantum Purifiers were originally developed for military applications, many of which are still highly classified. These amazing devices have been used for years by knowledgeable audio and video enthusiasts to reach levels of signal purity and transparency unattainable prior to their introduction.

Within any playback system, musical and visual information is transmitted by electrons flowing through conductors. As electrons interact with the conductive materials of cables and circuits, very low-level (quantum) noises are generated. As quantum noise energy accumulates in the propagating signal, low-level details pertaining to ambience, soundstage, timbre, dynamics, color fidelity and picture resolution are obscured, robbing the presentation of vividness and life.

Bybee Quantum Purifiers operate on the quantum mechanical level to regulate the flow of electrons that make up the signal (picture a metering light regulating freeway traffic flow). Current flow within the Quantum Purifier is unimpeded and ideal (think of the unencumbered flow of traffic on a lightly traveled expressway). During transit through the Quantum Purifier, quantum noise energy is stripped off the electrons, streamlining their flow through ensuing conductors. Unwanted quantum noise energy dissipates as heat within the Quantum Purifier rather than emerging as a layer of contamination residue over the audio/video information.

The benefits of this process extend beyond the physical length of the Quantum Purifier. As electrons speed through the purifier, a "slipstream" effect is formed which facilitates current flow in the surrounding conductors of the playback system. Introducing Bybee Quantum Purification into the electron path reduces quantum noise and increases signal velocity, resulting in performance improvement beyond what is attainable by any cable alone, no matter how well designed.

Slipstream: the New Generation of Bybee Quantum Purification

In 2003 there were breakthrough developments concerning the theoretically ideal materials and physical form needed to optimize noise reduction and electron flow through the signal path. Advances in materials science and fabrication technology have resulted in a unique new carbon fiber-based Quantum Purifier with electron noise reduction and electron Slipstream transmission properties that are distinctly audible and visible, and superior to Jack Bybee?s earlier developments. The Bybee Slipstream Quantum Purifier represents the Quantum Purifier concept taken to the limit. Slipstream Quantum Purifiers are now available in three versions?with copper, silver or gold leads?for optimal performance in different components and applications.

Golden Goddess: The Gold Standard in Conductive Material

The new Bybee Slipstream Golden Goddess products are the culmination of decades of research and development by Jack Bybee. Over the past couple of years, the new-millennium Slipstream purifier based on carbon fiber and nanotechnology has taken the elimination of quantum mechanical noise to unprecedented levels. Eichmann RCA plugs, banana plugs and 5-way binding posts, and ERS ?Stealth? carbon fiber damping and shielding material, ensure sonically superior connectivity. A new, ultra-flexible expanded Teflon (ePTFE) functions essentially as an air dielectric for the conductors, virtually eliminating capacitance. Those elements combined to make the sonics of the original Bybee Slipstream accessories and cables dramatically open, spacious and tonally pure.

Jack Bybee has now added to those materials and construction techniques the uniquely natural sonic properties of 14 K gold for the signal (+) legs of all these new products. After extensive measurements and listening tests, he has chosen to complement the gold (+) conductors with high-purity silver ribbon for the (-) conductors. This silver ribbon has lower measurable resistance than either gold or copper wire, and the gold (+)/silver (-) combination has proven to deliver the most balanced, neutral and harmonically complete performance. These Golden Goddess products are the best-performing accessories and cables Jack Bybee has ever designed.

Oh, man....

Peace,
Al.

Quit picking on the people who are trying to replace their lost musical soul which started to erode after thier 21'st birthday to the point where they are hoping to recapture it with useless gimmicks and overpriced gizzmos.

:shock:

Can I say that?

He's upgraded the look of his product lately...using the wayback machine (at archive.org) I found this snapshot from 2004 showing the original "turd on a wire" style purifier. :roll:

<edit> There's some even better stuff from 1999...

With the use of scanning tunneling electron microscopes that can show electrons in motion, research was consummated as to how different each electron can be. The Bybee Quantum Mechanical Filter that was developed from this research is a device that creates a barrier and literally sizes, cleans, aligns and stabilizes individual electrons and throws out the bad/irregular electrons. The heavy and well damped mass around the purification devices is to absorb these discarded electrons. This device cleans the electrical current at the quantum, individual electron, level. New technology such as that utilized by the purifiers is virtually impossible to measure and quantify. It is at least one generation ahead of the available technology for measuring.

It's like a little automatic car wash for your signal. Dirty electrons are absorbed allowing only your special signal carrying electrons to pass through unmolested. Now where's my large scale B.S. meter when I need it.

A P

Conduction without negligible resistance can be formed at temperatures of only slightly above absolute zero. Has something to do with the vibrational reactions of a crystalline lattice due to the electrons changing valences through the structure... (or Phonon? )

In addition to being near-superconductive, Bybee Quantum Purifiers are electrically passive and stable in any circuit. They induce no phase shift whatsoever, and are totally non-reactive?meaning there is no reactance between capacitance and inductance.

Perhaps in that passive epoxy-thing which may or may not contain neodymium fragments or even a ferrite bead he's found a way to reverse the phase (according to the amplitude & complex frequency of electron flow) of the sub-molecular vibrational resistance of the Phonons & has created a sort of (PASSIVE mind you) negative feedback generator with no noise reference which happens to be tuned to the reactance of said phonon's complex resonant frequencies (due to the complex molecular structures and crystalline grain drawing out patterns of all consumer cables), BUT ALSO he has found a way to get electrons to switch valences without resistance, or 'reactance to inductance or capacitance.' WOW! Great work there guy!

This isn't even considering that one small component will cover the entire cable!!!

the Quantum Purifier eliminates undesirable impedance mismatches

Holy Crap! A room temperature (near) super-conductor! If only this prodigy would let me know what reference point the (near) super-conductor uses to:

a) determine the impedance mismatch
b) correct it

I would say it'd have to be a giant processor with many testing points, variables, and complex algorithms, but it's PASSIVE.

the absence of reactance creates an optimal signal transfer and presents an easier load to the amplifier.

So I guess it eliminates capacitance, inductance, and resistance through the whole chain... Even through PN/NP junctions and space charges apparently! Magical!

So.....

Hmmm....

Hmmmm...

I'll believe it when I see the Nobel Prize in his hand. This guy is an asshat.

quote: "New technology such as that utilized by the purifiers is virtually impossible to measure and quantify. It is at least one generation ahead of the available technology for measuring."

I'll believe the "virtually impossible to measure and quantify" part all right.

I asked the ghost of Heisenberg if this invention could have any merit. He said he wasn't sure.
I asked the Ghost of Einstein the same question. He said "not now, I'm playing dice with God".
I asked the ghost of Feynman but only got lectured.
So I fasted and meditated so as to find the truth within myself. Yep, I came up with the asshat answer too.

-Chris

> being near-superconductive

bcarso turned me on to a Quantum Electrodynamics book. I'm stalled on about the first page, but one thing I get is that a circuit is either superconducting or not superconducting, there is NO "near" superconducting. And the tiniest bit of non-superconductor in the circuit will spoil all the magic property of the quantum condition.

Smells like "near"-bullchit to me. I can't speak to the sound or the test results, but the explanation lacks rigor and is useless to me. Makes me reach for the pooper-scooper.

I do like the electron washer. Good to know that thermal noise is a thing of the past. Especially in loudspeakers. Nanowatts of thermal noise is deafening in 83dBSPL speakers.

Room-temperature superconductivity is not preposterous. They get closer every year. I remember when it was 2deg, 7deg, 13deg, but they have got (I think) large scale SCs at liquid nitrogen temps, and wisps of stuff that seems to SC at temps you could put your hand in. Nothing in the theory (such as it is) prohibits room temp. Just as nothing in theory bans a room-temp vacuum tube "thermionic" cathode, we just can't find one (and there may not be one, but maybe for no elegant reason).

What about we all chip in $5, buy one for CJ and let him do his work?
I guess they count on people not wanting to destroy what they have just spent so many hard-earneds on.

Idiots. :mad:

Back