what to do with a Tektronix 465M (AN/USM 425 V1) scope?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capacitorless

I have a (likely) former Navy Tektronix 465M in great to excellent condition. I'm moving to a digital scope, and wondering what I should do with this one. Any suggestions? My options are selling it intact, parting it out online, and keeping it. I'm no longer going to be doing tube amp work, which is originally why I held onto it.

I have no emotional attachment to it whatsoever ;) I'm pretty sure it's worth something, but probably not a whole lot. Just looking for the best way to dispose of it. Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks much and appreciate it. It might be out of calibration but not sure of that. Front panel is pretty much immaculate and all the switches work well and aren't loose. The main thing I was going to keep it for was to look for instabilities in the tube circuits I was planning on building (all audio stuff).

Just looking for the best way to dispose of it. Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.
Do you already have your digital scope?
You may find that there are things that a digital scope deosn't do too well, like showing transients in real-time. Useful when tracing broken connections, for example.

That's what I was looking for - a good reason to keep it. Many thanks!

I don't have a digital scope yet. That's next on the list. I would love one that could do double duty as a protocol analyzer somehow. I'm good with it providing an interface for sampling hardware, and uploading the results to a computer to do the actual analysis.

Back