What's the best bet for ordering Chinese manufactured capsules direct? 797?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you think of the CTS-4?
Never tried it. I don't like edge terminated capsules. I have ultra-high sensitivity at 10-20k and capsules that don't roll off here are really unpleasant to me. I can't even stand the C12. All I hear is super loud leaf-rustling-like noises on basically all edge terminated capsules. I have to LPF them just to use them. I think I mentioned this over DM.

Never tried it. I don't like edge terminated capsules. I have ultra-high sensitivity at 10-20k and capsules that don't roll off here are really unpleasant to me. I can't even stand the C12. All I hear is super loud leaf-rustling-like noises on basically all edge terminated capsules. I have to LPF them just to use them. I think I mentioned this over DM.
Yeah, you did. I was wondering if you tried it and had an opinion relative to other edge terminated capsules.

unfortunately no, but I will test all these out once I'm done with my K87 and K47 some time in October.
I know you said you find the 3U Audio capsules dark for edge terminated ones. Are you less sensitive to them? Also are you sensitive to mics like the Lewitt ones that have uncorrected or less rolled off center terminated capsules?

The takstar cts-2 is the best k67 capsule out of China I think. Takstar is on another level than other manufacturers. They're like 797 In that they are old and massive and do a lot of contract work but they go a little slower than 797 and they serve higher-end clientele I guess you could say. They are a manufacturer of much distinction.

May I ask you fellows that know much more than me about this subject,
what are the differences between the K67 capsule done by 797 and the one produced by Takstar?
Why do you find the Takstar better?

Sometime ago I bough some K67 from 797 audio, I ordered them because a lot of people around here said those were the best K67 from China, I remember someone saying that the 797 K67 capsule was the best K67 capsule outside Neumann.
So I followed those advices and bought some.

I was not aware of Takstar or AYM capsules then,
so it would be great to know a pros and cons comparison of each of these capsules

thank you all

Last edited:
I know you asked Soliloqueen, but in case you missed it, here's the difference. It is very slight. Takstar is tiny bit darker. Takstars i received are very consistent, just as 797s are I was aware of those before as i praised their performance in Akg mics, but i was unaware Takstar made them. To me personaly they are equally well made.

What's the best bet for ordering Chinese manufactured capsules direct? 797?

I know you asked Soliloqueen, but in case you missed it, here's the difference. It is very slight. Takstar is tiny bit darker. Takstars i received are very consistent, just as 797s are I was aware of those before as i praised their performance in Akg mics, but i was unaware Takstar made them. To me personaly they are equally well made.

I was just curious as to what were the reasons that people praised 797 capsules before, considering it the best K67 from China but now Soliqueen considers the Takstar the best.
The question was open to everyone and I learn a lot from you and Soliqueen, so thank you so much for also replying.

I've seen your graphs before, yes, and found the Freq Response difference so small that I was trying to understand as to why one was better than the other.
Better is not only related to Freq Response there's other factors to consider like consistency, durability, etc so that's why I asked what were the factors that made one more desirable or "better" than the other

Thanks

Last edited:
Out of curiosity... how are you obtaining these capsules, or even the list of specifications? Do you just email Takstar and request the information and to buy samples? I'm just sort of getting into the hobby and am curious about the process - I'd rather know where I'm getting a capsule from, rather than 'mystery capsule of unknown QC and unknown specification, but here's a photograph that may or may not match what we ship.'

Out of curiosity... how are you obtaining these capsules, or even the list of specifications? Do you just email Takstar and request the information and to buy samples?

797 Audio, AYM/nbmic and Takstar contact them by email

The people at 797 and AYM are very very professional and very easy to deal with.

Takstar, I’m still trying to understand, the responses are slower and it’s really difficult to communicate in English

797 is good in English, AYM is excellent in English

797 only accepts payments by international bank transfer
AYM accepts transfer but also PayPal, which is great

I bought a bunch of capsules from 797 a few years back. They had me do a wire transfer and since I told them I was a start up company they built the ones they sent me. I made tube and solid state mics out of them. I don't think I need any of the commercial offerings at the moment or in the near future.

... here's a photograph that may or may not match what we ship'mystery capsule ...

Ha! Yep. That strikes a sympathetic nerve. My own pet peeve is the large number of vendors on eBay and AliExpress who show multiple photos of different parts in a single listing ... none of which may match the actual item received three to six weeks later. James

... here's a photograph that may or may not match what we ship'mystery capsule ...

Ha! Yep. That strikes a sympathetic nerve. My own pet peeve is the large number of vendors on eBay and AliExpress who show multiple photos of different parts in a single listing ... none of which may match the actual item received three to six weeks later. James

Yes, I understand how difficult that can be.
What I do is send private messages to sellers asking for actual photos of the product, and I only buy the product after they send me the photos and I after I feel reassured about what they are selling.
I did that with a microphone I wanted to buy from Aliexpress that was over 500€, multiple sellers advertised the same Mic, I contacted by message all of them asking photos and details, in the end I just choose the one that made me feel more secure.
But this was for a 500€ mic that I didn’t have any other source, but for capsules, there’s no reason to buy from eBay and Aliexpress, when 797, AYM and Takstar sell direct for very cheap.

Remember also that in Ebay and Aliexpress if you pay with PayPal you have the site’s protection plus the PayPal’s buyer protection.

Has anyone directly compared the Takstar, Peluso, ISK capsules side by side?
I was just wondering if there's a noticeable difference besides response, like noise or distortion?

Hi I am new to this, I have several cheap Chinese microphones, could they supply me the the direct email contact of the sales person from takstar o 797? thanks a lot

Latest posts

Back