who here plays acoustic guitar?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May I present Mr Levin & Mr Grimshaw.  ;)

Levin.jpg

I do as well...not as well as I play electric, but I've been playing acoustic much more lately. A nice acoustic is the one musical instrument left on my list other than a set of vintage Ludwig vistalites.

I imagine many do - including me, it's such a popular instrument.
CJ is probably starting his own band finally? WTF - over?
8)

I play many. Taylor's are my absolute favourite. A blend of old world luthier meets modern precision at affordable price. Ha, they should pay me for saying that.

I play 'em.

Brand wasn't asked but since it's being volunteered - hard to beat the tone of an older Gibson J45/50, Southern Jumbos, Gospel Doves, 200s, etc.

1930s Stella Concert Grand 12-string?  Will hold drop tuning to B or Bb - no flappiness or buzz. (Blind Willie McTell)    8)

Marik said:
Too bad the question wasn't: "Who here doesn't play acoustic guitar?"

Then my answer would've been: "Me"

Or another variation on the theme could have been "who here plays acoustic guitar well?"

I do, do you?

bought my classical gtr from the gift shop of Mozarts house in Salsberg. thought it was a sign. a decent gtr too. I play mostly my wife's epiphone with a gibson tagged nut cover. that sounds dirty....

well, its the brewery, so the topics are supposed to be phrased in a lame ass way,
plus i might have been a little buzzed when i posted,

cool responses!

Marik, we need the latest MP3,

something in F# perhaps?

i picked up a fender nat dg100 that sounds fantastic after an accidental bakeout in my 120 degree tent while i was kayaking the american river,

strings were in d when i came back, but no damage, just different tone, more sustain,
cool, since you can take a 100 dollar git to the campfire,

you do not see taylors and martins out at the campground much these days, maybe a gibson or two,

check choctaw bingo by james mcmurtry

has an f# capo on a DADGAD  tuning, took me a year to figure that out,

CJ you hangin out again .  good to see .
martin d-15 .  fishman electronics, (they're good but you can neverget that miced guit sound.) im always suprised at the acoustic sound some great local guitar players are willing to accept.   

Back