Willesden EM 20014 Transformer Standon Herts England

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CJ said:
here you go Ian>

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/neve-input-transformer-belclere-206274201

Thanks CJ. I notice that nowhere on the transformer does the word Willesden appear. Beclere is pretty visible . WIllesden was on the transformer you disassembled. Did it also say Belclere or are we talking to different transformers?

Cheers

Ian

this was a 20014, he was selling a 20015, which is probably a line input,

what's up with the Isle of Man?

"Ranked by the World Bank as the 5th richest nation in the world by GDP per capita,"

home of the Bee Gee's

> why do we not use the path around the complete core?

Follow the flux.

If it was cars: the center leg is a 2-lane road, the top bottom and side legs are each 1-lane. The 2 lanes up the center split, half around each side.

At least that's how it should be proportioned for minimum iron at maximum effect.

transformer-laminations-250x250.jpg

D is about half C:
http://www.leicong.com/comm/upfile/p_091012_01727.jpg

"Scrapless" may lead to different proportion. Existing punches may dictate actual dimensions. Or it may be jammed into a too-small space, outer legs over-size because someone screwed-up. Also the corners have holes and it may seem best to let the outside legs run a bit large to cover that gap. Or you may be laying up barn iron that only comes one width:
one.jpg

Actually that is obviously multiple widths for rounded legs. Sometimes transformers are strange.

those mitered core lams are sharp, that is what we used for the fusion project at Lawrence Livermore.
those guys forgot to put the coils on, probably will get written up,

there is that 20014 in that 8 ch Neve, thanks for the pic!

how do those things sound?

Tekay said:
http://neve-5432-8-channel-console-for-sale.yolasite.com/#

That is interesting - a 1979 Neve with a Willesden transformer in it. This means there must have been an earlier incarnation of Willesden than the one recorded at Companies House. I left Neve in 76 and I only remember seeing St. Ives,  Marinair  and Belclere transformers while I was there.

Cheers

Ian

Old thread, maybe of interest or not, Geoff Tanner used to say when Mariner couldn't complete the orders they would use another company alongside them. Geoff refused to say who that company was as he didn't want people harassing them as they are still in business, this is due to the original spec for the 1073 output transformer having to be reengineered later down the line as the original specs has long been lost. Tanner claimed St Ives were only ever used for the input transformer which was an off the shelf part already in existence from Mariner before the 1073 was ever designed. Any way am going off on a tangent just thought I would post the old advert for Willesden as it's my guess they were the 2nd company used before St Ives.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 14.33.40.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 14.33.40.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back