Words

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would be cool to see other states pitch in and help get these migrants where they want to go.
Could even be their state. Or maybe make some more ports of entry on the eastern or western coasts?
I would be surprised if there are many states that actually want them. I have heard the covid vaccination rate in Haiti was something like 1%.

Most of those Haitians probably have valid asylum claims for humanitarian reasons, but the open border surge has so clogged the immigration courts that they will never get timely hearings.

Historically FL is home to 49% of Haitian immigrants, and NY 19%, but these numbers were before the current open border policy.

JR

The ACLU has drunk too much woke kool-aid. To celebrate the anniversary of Ruth Bader Ginsberg's death they tweeted a corrected version of her classic quote with the pronouns wokified.
ACLU version said:
"The decision whether or not to bear a child is central to a [person's] life, to [their] well-being and dignity… When the government controls that decision for [people], [they are] being treated as less than a fully adult human responsible for [their] own choices,"

RBG said:
"The decision whether or not to bear a child is central to a woman’s life, to her well-being and dignity. It is a decision she must make for herself. When the government controls that decision for her, she is being treated as less than a full adult human responsible for her own choices."

I am not from her side of the political spectrum, but I respect her. This is just nuts. They have gutted her important message in the interest of not offending wokesters.

I sure hope they can keep these pukes away from history books.

JR

The people who got to write down the history in the first place inevitably had their own biases ,
now under the guise of inclusivity ,context (of the time) can simply be done away with too .
Its a bit like the bible , re-translated and re-jigged to fit so many times, its sprouted arms and legs and bears little semblance to the original hand-me-down text.
Its almost like now , simply refering to a person as he or she , your liable to get yourself into a world of grief .

You put men in jail or into the priesthood or nuns in a convent , theres an inevitable hormonal battle going on , its less to do with sexuality and a lot more to do with power and control under confinement.
It takes a sperm, an egg ,and a womb to create a child , does it not stand to reason that a child has an inalienable right to a father and mother ? even if the reproductive process itself gets hijacked to satisfy a biological need ?

We've co evolved alongside nature a long time , yet this so called woke brigade are so cock sure they know better than 100's of thousands of years of human evolution they feel a sense of entitlement to re-write history.
Look at us in the western world , specifically white middle class , we have ceased to reproduce effectively , ie above 2.2 per couple , were f'kin gonners lets face it .

Languages are alive, right? They evolve consensually, fashionably, economically. The adaptive mechanism behind compelled speech is self-defeating, no matter how fancy the moral injunctions get. We simply feel worse for wear as a result of taking on a shopping list whose length increases every time goods are put into our carts.

Last edited:
Language evolves, but famous historical quotes deserve some integrity. I could imagine paraphrasing very old quotes that are hard to understand because language has evolved so much, but this ACLU edit seems wildly inappropriate and actually disrespectful to RBG, instead of honoring her as they claim.

JR

Back