• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted WTB Neumann IC4 swivel mount for u87 XLR version

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C12VR

Hello,
I am interested in purchasing a Neumann swivel mount for use with a u87i. A cable would be preferred but the connector alone is fine as well. Preferably in nickel.

i guess I have original Neumann cable with a swivel mount and no U87 left, will check tomorrow and let you know.

Is there actually a current manufacturer of swivel mounts in the style of the old AKG and Neumann versions?
Well, the C12 clone manufacturers will probably sell it to you for an exorbitant price. I am talking with Ben from Beesneez about ordering his mounts. Dany is going to have some within the next year that mount to M23 Binder connectors.

Well, the C12 clone manufacturers will probably sell it to you for an exorbitant price. I am talking with Ben from Beesneez about ordering his mounts. Dany is going to have some within the next year that mount to M23 Binder connectors.
Thanks for info. I also fear that this will be a very expensive affair. The part itself is not particularly complex, but the virtually non-existent availability and "high" demand makes the price.

I was also hoping a little for a cheap Chinese manufacturer. The expected demand is probably too small for a real industrial production??

As far as I understand the OEM of these parts just recently passed away (according to Peter Drefahl). I do have one ic4 for the u87 that I tried to convert to 7pin tuchel with limited success. I could potentially convert back to u87. If I can’t get it to feel right I could be convinced to let go of it.

These pieces are very nice…

Also, I think they flea may make another swivel mount for tuchel style connectors again in the future. Not sure about xlr3 though.

Latest posts

Back