• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted WTB: Reticon SAD4096 BBD

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapfoot

This is a stab in the dark. I know how rare these are.

I had one fail in my favorite old delay pedal, and would love to find another without robbing from something else.

I got a HH electronic delay/flanger module from the late 70's , I did look into fixing it up but ,apparently it had design flaws and more often than not simply stopped working after a while .
Theres an ex employee of HH in the UK , he's happy to take on most repairs of HH stuff ,but any mention of that BBD unit makes his blood boil and he gets really cranky . Theres a good handful of the BBD chips in this unit but I dont have any way of testing them for functionality .

I did see a few other BBD chips for sale locally recently , if I can find the listing I'll post it up here .

There are new versions of some old Panasonic (Matsushita) BBDs made in China.

I doubt they make plug compatible parts for old Reticon parts.

JR

The unfortunate thing about the SAD4096 is that we’re also competing with pinball enthusiasts/collectors (it was used in a couple of Bally machines, I recently learned while searching for one…)

If someone made and sold a drop-in replacement I’d try it. But it doesn’t look like such a solution has been brought to market in any kind of plug-and-play fashion.

At the moment I’d kinda rather throw money at a drop-in solution than to spend time adapting the pinball enthusiasts’ solution to a delay pedal.

But I may revisit that position

Yes, unfortunately that appears to be a more complex circuit with some extra features for the pinball machine (including speed and wet/dry trimmers); way too much stuff when you just need the BBD IC (and probably wouldn’t fit in the pedal)

I think I've got a SAD4096 lying around. I was going to maybe build a DOD 680 clone with it some day but the less projects I have the better. I'm about 90% sure it works if you're still on the hunt.

Latest posts

Back