Wtf happens to mouser ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garp

While doing my bom for several projects i suddenly saw that the price of my basket was crazy high and discovered that : Price going from 0,09 to 1,55 unity price with no reason mouser.pngmouser.png

Weird, indeed... I'm spending a lot of time on the Mouser website, both professionally and for DIY, but never saw this happening. Just checked both the Dutch and French sites and filled in exactly the same component. In both cases, price shown was €0.62 for 10pcs. I had other issues this morning with Mouser website, where the page showed graphical garbage and error messages. This happens quite frequently.

Jan

Hi guys,

I'm in Malta and am normally faced with crazy high freight, duty, VAT charges as we don't have any major suppliers here. Mouser are great for parts (they have virtually everything) but if you only want a few bits then their standard shipping charge is very high. You have to order a lot of stuff to make the shipping worthwhile.

I've been using a supplier based in Poland. TME. https://www.tme.eu

Never heard of them before. They have a huge range just like Mouser but their shipping charges are VERY reasonable and very fast.

I placed an order on Sunday and received it in Malta just TWO days later. Shipping cost? €8. I've been using them for a while now and they are extremely reliable. No issues at all so far.

Anyone placing relatively small orders for parts will find them useful. Not sure what shipping will cost outside of EU (UK) but it would be worth testing it to be sure. Might even be cheaper than Mouser. Might even be quicker than Mouser! RS, Farnell, Rapid have high freight charges too so for me it's a win,win.

Probably worth a punt for your smaller projects... or large ones for that matter!

Back