Yamaha PM2000 power supply replacement or repair.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mylesgm

Hi all, needing a little advice. I have a colleague with a dead PM2000 power supply, the mains transformer is burnt out. Is it possible to get such a part rewound/remade or if not, is there a simple source for getting a new power supply made? Not having much luck here in Australia so looking for any options.

Which transformer, there are two!
The large transformer will apear open circuit if the standby transformer is not active.
The original transformers were 100v AC only!

I’m looking to get a new power supply built or I’ll be forced to rebuild this one. It works just fine but I’m opening a media house and will need this thing 100 percent reliable. Anyone had any luck getting a power supply for the PM2000?

Attachments

• IMG_1042.jpeg
    IMG_1042.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
If you can't source a replacement transformer have you considered modern switching supplies? You might need to add some extra switching noise filters, but there should be plenty of room.

JR
I’m up for anything.. I was hoping to find some one or a shop to build it. I can solder and replace caps but depending upon 45-50 year old parts that are impossible to get anymore doesn’t sound like a good strategy.

Back