Yamaha Pm3000 mic pre

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

Someone gave me a yamaha pm3000 console in bits a few years back .Ive cut the one of the mic preamps away from the channel  board,and remounted it in a channel rack cut in half,I'm currently powering it off 4x9 volt rechargeable  batteries,added xlr input and output socket.It uses a discrete op amp on the input,ROHM BX7097A( which I cant find any reference to) and NE5532 as balanced output.

I was facing having to dump the entire mixer ,but cutting out the mic pre was easy so it seems like a good plan to try and save these and maybe the four band eq section also.

The mixer itself originally had vca grouping ,and mutes which are dispensed with  the standalone preamp ,and the pre's themselves sound pretty good and have very low noise.

What Im trying to figure out is a means of charging the batteries in situ within the module,the four batteries are in series ground in the middle,18volts +- on the rails.Any suggestions on how to do this would be greatly appriciated ,as well as any potential pitfalls of useing battery supply
Thanks again,

Back