Yamaha RM800 Aux Send Mod

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nocturnum

Hello all

My first post.
I read about some information on this board but I didnt see the answer I was looking for.

There is a local guy selling a Yamaha RM800 and I was thinking about picking it up.
I know it s a recording / mixing consoles and therefore I understand why the AUX sends are pretty much post fader.

I would like to use it as a live console and want to mod it to have the first 4 AUX sends be pre fader to feed monitors.

AUX 4 is switchable to pre fader so perhaps a mod to also make 1 thru 3 switch when 4 is switched to pre fader?
Or a mod that just turns 1 thru 3 to pre fader all the time and allow 4 to be switched?

I would still want 5 and 6 to be post fader but I believe it is currently pre fader, since it is a mixing console and not a live console the design is such that it wants to use the AUX sends for effects and the levels are all controlled by the channel fader. AUX 5 and 6 are pre fader in order to send a stereo or L or R sub mix to tape pre fader..

So the whole design would have to be reversed in some way for it to work as a live board.

Any suggestion on if this can be done?

Thanks in advance

Latest posts

Back