Best Electronic online Shop EUROPE

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered some JJ valves from Banzai about 3 years ago. Got the 82's in 2 weeks, took about 6 emails, a couple of phone calls and about 7 months to get the ECC81's!!
You'd think that ECC81's would be a stock item for a company specializing in guitar/amp parts!!

Check out cpc.co.uk - daughter company of farnell.
Not as extensive as Farnell(aimed at commercial companies), but still a great range of components, and usually cheaper than Farnell.
For example - check out the toggle switches. a dpdt costing around £1 - now check the SAME part at farnells - LIKE 4 TIMES THE PRICE!!!

Oh - by the way - free carriage on any web order in uk! - nice when you forget one or two things first time round!!

musikding.de , he dicked me a little by NOT deducting and sending a transformer I couldn't use .
but isn't this thread in the wrong category ?

I have used banzai by the past and where ok. Sometimes long delay because out of stock but quality was ok.

Musikding.de is ok too fast shipping.

I use Farnell when I need someting very fast but price are way too high.

Reichelt is very good unfortunatly no price break on big quantities

I use a lot Mouser for quality parts, free shipping from USA with UPS and prices in the mid range.

Since few month I use also TME price are really low but beware a lot of chinese brands. But best price for renowned branded parts. Shipping is fair too.

So for me the 3 best are Mouser, TME and Farnell.

+1 for Musikding otherwise I use Farnell & RS ... not the cheapest but instant delivery and huge stock of parts.

I also order a lot from small bear in the US, Steve is a great guy and the stock is very extensive.

www.smallbearelec.com

MM.

... depends on... what you're looking for...

Mouser is great... professional top!
Conrad is fine...
Reichelt is fine too... and sometimes cheap...
Tubetown is great too...

ROCK-ON!

I've just ordered from  http://uk-electronic.de/  a few days ago, let's see how fast things arrive.

Have used Banzai & Musikding & RS in the past, was good, but no recent experiences.

We have about one 'real' local store left here in town, I try to buy there as well. All that convenient InterWeb-ordering made those local stores disappear...  :( 

I've used Mouser a few times recently.  I've overlooked them before because they're in the States, but  they're often cheaper than Farnell, and though the mimumum order for free delivery is large, they deal with customs fees and the order arrives in Europe quickly.

Worth a look in if you need to buy a lot of stuff, definitely.

I just wish they weren't quite so wasteful with their packaging. Putting a single resistor in a big, thick zip lock bag really isn't the way things should be done these days.

Well, 2 years passed from my post in this thread.

I now use to order from Mouser, they have free shipping from 65€, and always are comprehending my "I forgot to add" mails.

Also been ordering to Musikding more than Banzai lately, but never had a trouble with Banzai, The last order I made was in Elfa. (https://www.elfa.se/elfa3~eu_en/elfa/init.do?init=1&shop=ELFA_EU-EN) Everything fine, really fast shipping and the prices were nice.

I've not been here for a while as I've been building some guitar effects pedals and am now completing a guitar amp clone (SLO100). The amp is proving a bit of a challenge to sort out.
I've usually bought from RS or Farnell here in the UK. Not the cheapest but they have a comprehensive range of items and very quick delivery. I've ordered from RS before 8pm one evening and had items delivered by 8am the following day! Mouser have a huge range but it needs a high value order to avoid shipping costs. However this is fine if you are getting your first order in place for a project. Conrad are also useful and I think they were the only place I could find stepped insulating washers for Switchcraft jacks. That's probably my fault for not searching hard enough on the other web sites. For small amounts of stuff I've also used Rapid on line and ESR components. Not big ranges of components but very helpful and you can phone them up and speak to real people!
Cheers
Steve

Latest posts

Back