Anyone tried these microphone capsules?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oceano99 said:
But I have proof that it is made in China :)
http://www.wgt1979.com/en/productsd.php?pid=65
Or could I be wrong again???

Well, I wouldn't call that proof ...

Surely the point is that they don't say where they are being made.

It is pretty easy to put two and two together.

well all capsules look similar. Not mentioning the capsule origin doesn't offer definite proof of it's made in china either. It does however leave people talking about it and thus more exposure. The price on these capsules is nice to where I may try one or 2. Being made in China does not mean bad like it used to, they are getting better and production techniques and ripping off tried and true designs.

I put a couple of the chinese (WGT - see the link a couple of posts back) 47 style capsules in a pair of Apex 460s ("full mod"). I haven't had occasion to really give them a good workout, but my immediate impression was that the capsules were definitely an improvement over the stock ones. I think I paid $25 a pop back when WGT were listing on ebay only.

Whether or not they are from the same source as the OP's link is of course anyone's guess, although I seem to recall running into the Microphone-Parts link not long after I bought mine directly from China. Who knows....

When I compare the pictures they are very similar in terms of colour of cables and their attachment etc.
But i guess everyone has to make up their  own mind. Maybe it is just standard. I don't know.

If anyone is curious about how they sound i just found this clip in youtube :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDvjPDu51WM

Some nice dude trying out both RK-47 and RK-12
In my ears they don't sound bad... that is for sure
What do you guys think?

I would think that you get what you pay for... not necessarily bad, but I would think that Tims capsule or Thiersch sound even better.

... but on the other hand, you prob COULD make a china-mic a bit more useful without costing that much...

... on that note, I sent wgt a message about their pricing.

I e-mailed the factory who makes the capsule some time ago and
got the price for the C12 capsule was 28,5 $ each. MOQ was 100 capsules.

I would like some also...  :)

Maybe I could arrange a group buy.
I live in Sweden and would have to pay 25% VAT and 2% in customs for them.
I think I will get the VAT returned buy sending them outside EU.
Sending them outside Sweden would cost like 4-5 $. Getting them here I guess is around 100$ in shipping costs.
If i calculated right the price for EU citizens would be around 43 $ incl VAT and for the rest around 35 $,
both including shipping.

Does that sounds intresting?

Also I would need some kind of commitment. Maybe a 50% payment in advance or something like that.

If people have some better idea, let me know.

/Johan

I also emailed them... they replied with questions!

"Please understanding that we are protecting our some customer in some countries. And cannot sell any item to any new customer."

answered the q's and still waiting for a response.

EEMO1 said:

"Please understanding that we are protecting our some customer in some countries. And cannot sell any item to any new customer."

Was it WGT who gave you that answear?

yeah... I need like 10 maybe 20 capsules to myself... dont' like the idea to pay $99 a pop. asked about getting samples and all.

as we know from their QA, it could be risky...

Oceano99 said:
EEMO1 said:

Was it WGT who gave you that answear?

I got OK from China to order 100 capsules. Seems to be no problem.
I will use paypal to make all payments safe.
Returning VAT from non-EU shipment is sorted out also.
So if or when I get an interest in 70 capsules, all together, and after that receive the
50% advance I will place the order.

To make it easier:
Please PM me your e-mail adress if you are interested together with the number of capsules you would like to order.

Have a good weekend!

I e-mailed the factory who makes the capsule some time ago and
got the price for the C12 capsule was 28,5 $ each. MOQ was 100 capsules.
This capsule is single sided, if it is the one you are ordering
http://www.wgt1979.com/en/productsd.php?pid=65

This is a dual diaphragm capsule
http://microphone-parts.com/rk12-microphone-capsule/

I don't think they are the same

Latest posts

Back